• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trinity : Darkness Revealed

Ithuriel

First Post
Our internet (and phone) is out until Monday or maybe even Tuesday. No idea why it just quit working last night and they couldn't fix it remotely so we have to wait for someone to come out.

On the Biocomp thing- an EK can already enhance his biocomp's performance and fail safe by one each with Psi if it is formated. No need for a device to do the same thing unless it allows him to pump it by more than 1 each. If I recall- 2 in Device might get him some nice software or grant his mini an extra die on certain attempts. The players guide has more concrete examples of what you can mechanically get out of Device ratings if you have that Velmont.

Suria and one of the other guys (Velmont's char I think, but I'm being fast in a cafe and don't want to look it up right now) are both Triton operatives. I still haven't done Suria's background in detail yet, but suffice it to say she is tiny, but bossy- very used to getting her way either by asking nicely or persuading people. She's not terribly used to people telling her no. Also she has the curiosity flaw so she can be a bit prying. She works mostly intel missions and they might have worked together in the past.

I'll finish up the details at home this weekend since I have no connection and post up as soon as I do. Apologies again for the extended delay in starting.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
On the Biocomp thing- an EK can already enhance his biocomp's performance and fail safe by one each with Psi if it is formated. No need for a device to do the same thing unless it allows him to pump it by more than 1 each. If I recall- 2 in Device might get him some nice software or grant his mini an extra die on certain attempts. The players guide has more concrete examples of what you can mechanically get out of Device ratings if you have that Velmont.

Interesting. Where did you read that? My quick scan only revealed hardtech minicomp with a mention (p.270) about biocomp not being on the open market yet. Hence the biocomp device.

Either way, the device I suggested grants +2 to a subset of the skill (hacking) and peripheral advantage so it's about right for a rank 2. I'm cool with adding that +1 to performance and failsafe.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ah ah!

I'm pretty sure I solved the problem with the link.

http://www.4shared.com/file/61365897/4e5d8828/Missing_Persons-1.html

When I checked the properties, There was a 'Allows Downloading for publisher only' box that was checked.

That's obviously why it worked for me but not you.

I have no clue why that file out of all the other was thus blocked.

I'm happy I found that function though, I'll be able to upload in advance some handouts that you can't have access to now and just uncheck them later when appropriate.

---

I'll move the story up to Luna without waiting for Ithuriel (probably later tonight). After all, the bar is just presentation. There's no decision to be made on your part until you reach the Luna Trinity branch office and get your gears (at which point there are dozens of way to tackle the assignment).

Last edited:

kookalouris

First Post
...feeling kind of silly

It turns out my beta phone browser kept putting hapfrogman's avatar in MY posts. :eek: Well, at least you know I think it's a cool icon (my first clue was how well the name and the avatar matched). :erm:

Um, on the plus side, it seems Mal's latest link works for me...

Ithuriel

First Post
Interesting. Where did you read that? My quick scan only revealed hardtech minicomp with a mention (p.270) about biocomp not being on the open market yet. Hence the biocomp device.

Either way, the device I suggested grants +2 to a subset of the skill (hacking) and peripheral advantage so it's about right for a rank 2. I'm cool with adding that +1 to performance and failsafe.

Biocomps are in America Offline (p118). Two by Alchemy and one by Orgotek.

It isn't as clear as it could be, but the entry on BioComps finishes with...

"If a psion formats herself to a biocomp, she receives an additional die on all Engineering rolls related to using that computer. A character with Electrokinesis can noetically supply additional processing capability increasing the biocomp Agent's Performance and Fail Safe ratings by one each."

I tested all the hardware and fixed our line. A splitter had gone bad for some reason and it is replaced now.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Biocomps are in America Offline (p118). Two by Alchemy and one by Orgotek.

Ah, that's what happens when gears are spread so wide. I only checked core and the Technology Manual.

---

Concerning the investigation; realistically speaking, it wouldn't be a bad idea to split in groups. Right now this is an investigation so we'd go literally twice as fast (both in game time and real time).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'll be on travel until Tues away from my books, so I can't comment on equipment. I know he'd like combat gloves to go w/ his claws, a decent back-up firearm or two (laser or something that he can enhance w/ PK as needed), and either fuel grenades or something he can douse targets w/ for "Igniting".

Remove ads