• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [OOC]

Look, while I appreciate what people are attempting to do, I've got to step in and point out that I'm reasonably uncomfortable with Machette's blithely reacting about what's going on as though Cleo's attempts to keep matters discrete haven't been taking place or have even been resolved.

Cassandra never managed to draw the gun to the point it was publically viewable let alone to the point where her family and the SS (who aren't even in the room) - would be aware of it, and there's no indication that Cassandra has decided to shout accusations of murder yet. As far as I can see, it should be entirely possible to get Cass out of the living area to somewhere private and turn her.

If you recall, one of our mission objectives is to keep the Senator on UNITAS' side and that's not likely to happen if he knows we're dragging his daughter away on multiple charges of attempted murder, or she gets thrown into the legal system.

Insight

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
Look, while I appreciate what people are attempting to do, I've got to step in and point out that I'm reasonably uncomfortable with Machette's blithely reacting about what's going on as though Cleo's attempts to keep matters discrete haven't been taking place or have even been resolved.

Cassandra never managed to draw the gun to the point it was publically viewable let alone to the point where her family and the SS (who aren't even in the room) - would be aware of it, and there's no indication that Cassandra has decided to shout accusations of murder yet. As far as I can see, it should be entirely possible to get Cass out of the living area to somewhere private and turn her.

If you recall, one of our mission objectives is to keep the Senator on UNITAS' side and that's not likely to happen if he knows we're dragging his daughter away on multiple charges of attempted murder, or she gets thrown into the legal system.

What is there left to do with Cassandra? You've got her held. It would be a simple matter to take the gun away and hide it, hand her over to the secret service, and be on our way. The secret service doesn't need to know about the gun at all. I don't understand what you're complaining about.

Machete isn't of any use there anyway, and might be needed at the docks. You can stay and deal with Cassandra if you want.

Psion

Adventurer
You can do what you like, but I'd like to point out that this...

Mister Andersen said:
Cassandra never managed to draw the gun to the point it was publically viewable let alone to the point where her family and the SS (who aren't even in the room) - would be aware of it,

...is not the case. There is a secret service man at the entry to the room (you aren't his current detail, so until you make arrangements to replace one of them, this will have always been the case), and the senator certainly saw what was going on.

The secret service man will already be calling for backup and preparing to secure the hostile and arrest her.

I understand one of your character's concerns, but if you care to make a knowledge check, I might clue you in to a detail that has been mentioned but that you might be missing.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
Did you even bother to read what I posted in this thread of the IC one?

Honestly, I think you're misreading the situation. It's been dealt with as far as I'm concerned, and in any event, since my character considers it dealt with, he's moving on to a situation where he can lend a hand, as opposed to one where he is basically useless.

Psion said:
=...is not the case. There is a secret service man at the entry to the room (you aren't his current detail, so until you make arrangements to replace one of them, this will have always been the case), and the senator certainly saw what was going on.

The actual text is "There is another agent at the room entrance that nods you all in then closes the door." Which to me says that the agent is outside the door. and the senator is on the phone with his back to Cassandra who had moved away from him to sit on the lounge.

The secret service man will already be calling for backup and preparing to secure the hostile and arrest her.

If we are going to go with that, Cleo will stop him from making the call before he can say anything troublesome and get him to cancel it. As far as she's concerned, getting Cassandra in trouble endangers the mission because people have a way of falling on their sword to rescue loved ones from trouble they've caused.

I understand one of your character's concerns, but if you care to make a knowledge check, I might clue you in to a detail that has been mentioned but that you might be missing.

You mean that UNITAS is apparantly already aware that the Senator murdered his wife and used his daughter's business to launder the funds that paid for the hit, which is how they're manipulating him?

In case you don't: Knowledge check (1d20+4=11)

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
The actual text is "There is another agent at the room entrance that nods you all in then closes the door." Which to me says that the agent is outside the door.

No. Sorry if I left you with that impression. There is an agent outside the door but there is always one in the room with the senator as well.

If we are going to go with that, Cleo will stop him from making the call before he can say anything troublesome and get him to cancel it. As far as she's concerned, getting Cassandra in trouble endangers the mission because people have a way of falling on their sword to rescue loved ones from trouble they've caused.

It's going to be difficult to stop the call out. It's over the ear mike.

After that, it'd be a persuade and/or bluff check to get the agents to cancel the call. If that's what you want to do, you might want to tell me what you tell the agent to convince him to call in the cancel.

The moment he says "Assistance required", Cleo's gonna tell him that as his ranking officer - we're Special Agentswhile everyone else except maybe Hicks is a plain Agent I believe - to cancel that order and say he made a mistake.

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
The moment he says "Assistance required", Cleo's gonna tell him that as his ranking officer - we're Special Agentswhile everyone else except maybe Hicks is a plain Agent I believe - to cancel that order and say he made a mistake.

Awright... you weren't in charge of the new detachment, but he might buy it. Make a bluff check.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads