• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [OOC]

Gatac

First Post
Argh, overlooked that. Okay, posted.

In case it's not obvious, I'd like to send the SUV crashing into the boat. Not very subtle, but it should stop them from getting away.

Oh, and bail out before the crash, if it can be arranged.

Gatac

Psion

Adventurer
It's a little precarious to get your way on the pier; there'll probably be a drive check there.

That said, it's time to roll out some action dice...

Psion

Adventurer
For an idea that would have probably worked out if I hadn't have screwed with you, the nightly award goes to
Leadfoot

Plus I'll subtract 2 for creating some endangered bystanders.

Tallies:
GC: 11+13-3 = 21

MACHETE: 3-3+2-2 = 0
LEADFOOT: 3+2 = 5
SAINT: 3-2+2 = 3
VEINS: 3+2 = 5
COVER GIRL: 3-2+4 = 5

I'm going to give this last scene a week from today, and then it's over.

Gatac

First Post
So much for the simple solution.

Okay, we need to find a way to get these people out of our way (and probable line of fire). Ideas?

Gatac

Well, legally, one is only meant to sound a car's horn as a warning of impending danger.

I'd say an SUV bearing down on them at full speed would rather easily qualify.

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen in IC thread said:
I'll be spending an AD on each roll.

Bluff (1d20+6=20) + Action die (1d4=4) + Exploded Action die (1d4=4) + Exploded Action die (1d4=3) = 31

Sense Motive (1d20+7=14) + Action die (1d4=1) = 15 unless my Flawless ability beats a DC of 21 or less, in which case I won't spend that second AD.

Well, it occurs to me that these both should have been secret checks ( :heh: ) so you shouldn't have known what your result was anyways. However, you can check the table on page 159 to see if you feel safe.

But as it wouldn't have made a difference, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you keep the second action dice.

Reading innuendo again brings up a question I should ask on the crafty boards.

Gatac

First Post
Okay, I'm thinking about how to solve this. We need to get these people out of the way. Preliminary plan: Quickly slip into my motorcycle jacket, tie my bandana over nose and mouth, use my whistle to draw their attention and do the good old "This is a jackin', everybody on the ground!" with my gun. Pretend that we're going to steal that boat.

If the crowd complies, they're out of a potential line of fire. If they run, well, there's only solid land to go to and they'll quickly be out of the SUV's way. In that case, the ramming plan is on again.

Since they're fresh off a tour, I rather doubt that any of the tourists are armed and willing to make a stand.

Disadvantage? They could freeze, which wouldn't make our situation easier. Also, if the boat guys haven't seen us yet, they'll definately see us then.

Thoughts?

Gatac

Psion

Adventurer
Okay, are you doing this from the SUV? Which means you will have to negotiate the pylons onto the pier, so that'd be a drive check first.

Gatac

First Post
I'll be away from Monday to Wednesday - urgent business. In the meantime, I'm going with the plan as stated. Leadfoot and Machete should be able to overwhelm the resistance on the boat. If it comes to combat and the distance isn't too far (less than 30 feet), Leadfoot will again try to close and kick their faces in at point blank.

Gatac

Remove ads