• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TRISTALT: The Return.

Trance-Zg

First Post
fighter(armored mage variant)/scout/wizard

2nd best HD, best skills, best BAB, best saves, best spells, very good class features and truckload of bonus feats.

kitcik

Adventurer
Fighter//Monk//Rogue?

Lotsa skills in class, lotsa feats, lotsa BAB.

Brad

Would be a fun mix and probably do a lot of unarmed damage (if it hit), but I don't think it would be a tier 1 class ( even compared to non-tri- or gestalt characters).

Fighter / Unarmed Swordsage / Warblade could also be interesting.

But any gestalt/tristalt without a full casting class is gimped.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
You need Factotum on any Tristalt build because at that point the only thing that matters is breaking the action economy.

Factotum 20//Zen Archer Monk 4/Swashbuckler 3/Soulknife 2/Soulbow 1/Chameleon 10//Eidetic Wizard 4/Sage Sorcerer 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Swiftblade 5. That ain't workin', that's the way you do it-- get your actions for nothing and your spells for free.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
You need Factotum on any Tristalt build because at that point the only thing that matters is breaking the action economy.

Factotum 20//Zen Archer Monk 4/Swashbuckler 3/Soulknife 2/Soulbow 1/Chameleon 10//Eidetic Wizard 4/Sage Sorcerer 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Swiftblade 5. That ain't workin', that's the way you do it-- get your actions for nothing and your spells for free.
Can you have more than one PrC at a time in a Tristalt since you can't in a Gestalt?
'Cause if you can, that's a very pretty build.

...and I'd like to modify my previous post to Edit: Psion20//Wizard20//Factotum11/Urpriest9, based upon your very convincing mention of the Factotum needed.

Last edited:

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Can you have more than one PrC at a time in a Tristalt since you can't in a Gestalt?

I've been under the impression lately that I'm the only person on the planet who enforces that rule. Still, if you're limited to one PrC at a time-- which I don't think makes sense for Tristalt-- you can replace all of your Wizard and Ultimate Magus levels with Sage Sorcerer. Chameleon gives you tier 1 casting up to 6th level and you can use your floating bonus feat to learn any 7th-9th level spell you need through Extra Spell or Expanded Arcana.

...and I'd like to modify my previous post to Edit: Psion20//Wizard20//Factotum11/Urpriest9, based upon your very convincing mention of the Factotum needed.

Triple 9s aren't bad. Since you're not going to Factotum 16, though, you're going to want Monk with Tashalatora. I like Chameleon builds in Gestalt, because they give you a lot of flexibility with ability scores and SAD tricks.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
ren't bad. Since you're not going to Factotum 16, though, you're going to want Monk with Tashalatora. I like Chameleon builds in Gestalt, because they give you a lot of flexibility with ability scores and SAD tricks.
Monk/Psion//Wizard14/Incantrix6//Factotum11/Urpriest9
Honestly, not getting the AC bonus from Factotum 16 can easily be substituted for any number of spells or Psionic Powers. However, I do agree sticking a little Monk onto the Psion side would make this build more awesome.

Last edited:

Remove ads