Turmoil in the Golden Ring--A Slavic-themed game in the cold (IC Thread)

johnsemlak

First Post
DM

Ivan guesses that the monsters are about an hour and a half ahead.

The pursuit continues, and the tracks are easy to follow in the fresh snow, but the thick forest makes it difficult for you to gain ground.

Light appears in a couple of hours.

Finally, an hour after dawn, Ivan can just make out some sort of clearing in the woods, manages to spot (19+8=27) what looks like two humanoid figures standing in it. The clearing is still a hundred yards or so ahead, and it's barely visible through the trees.

Actions?

Ry

Explorer
Cholodny slides off the horse, and draws his glaive. But he's not a tactician, and waits to get direction from his allies.

Nantonaku

First Post
Stanislava

will stop her horse and tie her the hoorse up to a near by tree. unsheath her sword and start approaching the humanoids as quietly as possible...

OOC: Happy NEW YEAR!/ CNOVEM GODEM!

Yair

Community Supporter
Misha, Human Paladin

Misha climbs down from his horse, and ties it to a tree. He glances at Cholodny, then sends a look at Stanislava. Good thinking. They could run if they hear us coming. He does his best to follow Stanislava in her quiet approach.

OOC: Move Silently 15 roll+2 dex-5=12, trying to move at Stanislava's pace incurs a -5, I think.
Hide 17+2 dex-5=14 if needed.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Brata again motions his owl on to fly over the woods to see if threr are any signs of disturbance. He checks the bolt on his crossbow, ready for anything.

Micar Sin

First Post
Burian Slavochka

Burian slips from his horses back and pats his flank. He whispers into the horses ear"Take care my friend" before drawing his bow and nocking an arrow. Not being as silent as Ivan he hangs back and attempts to move as quietly as he is able

Untrained move silently: roll: 16 + 2 =18(!)

OOC: If I NEVER see the inside of an emergency room or hospital again it will be too soon

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
Dm

Ivan, Stanislava, Cholodny, Burian and Misha all quiety creep up on the humanoids. The two, now visibly orcs, appear not to notice the PCs so far. They are mumbling to each other in what is probably idle chat, and seem to be playing knucklebones or something similar.

Brata is behind the other PCs. His owl is flying silently over the camp.

There are three makeshift tents.

The main group of PCs is about 30 feet from the Orcs, and 10 feet from the edge of the clearing.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Misha, Human Paladin

I charge.

Lacking any tactical subtelty and not accustomed to team work, Misha simply continues to the edge of the clearing and then charges the orcs, attempting to smite the nearest one. At first he just runs towards them, but as he nears and is (supposedly) spotted he issues a rough battle-scream, a gutteral "aaah" just to focus himself.

OOC: scythe Attack 13 roll+6+2 charge+3 cha=24, Damage 8 roll (!)+3+3 level=14

Remove ads