• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turn order cards?

Angcuru

First Post
Very useful thingies, these. Good to include skills as well, so you no longer hear "Roll a spot check." and immediately have your character enter SUPER-DEFENSE-YOU-CAN'T-TOUCH-ME mode. It's so much better for both DM and players to instead say/hear "Roll a D20."

These have a large deal of good usefullness.:D

Aristotle

First Post
I saw the Game Machanics cards and fell in love. I expanded the idea into a set of cards for my Shadowrun game, and they have made the lengthy combats in that game run much smoother as well.

I laminated my cards to give them a longer lifespan. Wet erase markers work okay on them for the short term, but smear with use on the cards. I'm going to try some china markers. Those may do te trick.

TalonComics

First Post
Thanks for the link for the Game Mechanics cards. I already used cards but not having to write info down over and over is a major bonus!

~D

Drawmack

First Post
I'm going to model the cards in a program. I have been looking for an excuse to convert my battle tracker/character spreadsheet over to a database program anyway and I think this may be it.

robaustin

First Post
There's an Avery sheet that is all 3x5 index cards. You could take a screen shot of either of those, crop the graphic and place it directly in the Word Template and then print directly on the card. You could even set up text boxes on the document in Word, and type all the numbers right into the template on the card as well. This way it all prints right on the card, and you can change the numbers on the fly to reprint new cards....

Then again - you could just write the character's info in shorthand in pencil on an index card.... :)

--*Rob

CTD

First Post
Nice cards.

I used 3x5 cards with names and initiative numbers religiously, until I discovered DM's Familiar.

It's a program for Windows and requires a computer, so it's not for everyone, but it easily replaced my dependance on the cards, and gave me access to a lot of information and tools for a fair price. Plenty of bang for my buck.

If you can't DM with a computer at your side, these cards will really be helpful. A little prep work to fill them out, and regular maintenance to keep the player cards current, and you have a great game aide. It will speed things up dramatically.

Winternight

First Post
Drawmack said:
I'm going to model the cards in a program. I have been looking for an excuse to convert my battle tracker/character spreadsheet over to a database program anyway and I think this may be it.
Are u using a PC while DMing? if yes what utilities are u running?
And which of them are freeware?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads