• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turn Resistance and destroying undead

Sparafucile

First Post
HI,

I'm new to these boards, and I have a question about turning undead. The Turn Resistance ability applies when determining teh highest level of undead the cleric can turn. Does it also apply when determining if a cleric destroys the undead?

For example, a ghoul has 2 HD and +2 turn resistance. It takes at least a clerc level 4 on teh turn check to affect it. But, does it require a 4th level cleric (for 2 hit dice) or an 8th level cleric (2 hit dice & +2 turn resitance = 4) to outright destroy it?

Just want to make sure. :uhoh:

frankthedm

First Post
Sparafucile said:
HI,

I'm new to these boards, and I have a question about turning undead. The Turn Resistance ability applies when determining teh highest level of undead the cleric can turn. Does it also apply when determining if a cleric destroys the undead?

For example, a ghoul has 2 HD and +2 turn resistance. It takes at least a clerc level 4 on teh turn check to affect it. But, does it require a 4th level cleric (for 2 hit dice) or an 8th level cleric (2 hit dice & +2 turn resitance = 4) to outright destroy it?

Just want to make sure. :uhoh:
It takes an 8th level cleric to Poof! a ghoul.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads