Turtledome! [Arena]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hadarai is up to it if I can find a suitable group in the tavern. I'd go for the solo, though a tactlord's nova might make it a bit easy :devil:[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=To Weldon]
Do characters need to be formally approved to join in?
No. However, you don't receive XP. And I'm not sure what the judges would say about receiving the money/reward from the fight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Atanatotatos]
Hadarai is up to it if I can find a suitable group in the tavern. I'd go for the solo, though a tactlord's nova might make it a bit easy :devil:
You might think that, but...

Migtroth is a TPK waiting to happen. ;)

(Case in point, all the TURTLEDOME! fights are TPK's. Your characters can't die in a fight, so I don't feel bad about going over the top in the difficulty and horrible weirdness that can happen. They're terribly unfair, and I'd expect it may take a few tries before a party can finally beat my boys.)[/sblock]

[sblock=TURTLEDOME! Battle Stages]Each TURTLEDOME! battle will have three stages...
  1. Contract negotiation with Aggravus Pinch. (A social skill challenge. He's going to expect you to pay to fight in the arena...)
  2. Trash-talk. (Another social skill challenge. If you warm up the crowd, you may get certain bonuses in the fight. And Migtroth already has the crowd maxed out on approval...)
  3. Fight!
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ken]
However, you don't receive XP. And I'm not sure what the judges would say about receiving the money/reward from the fight.

You don't? o_O I thought this worked pretty much like an adventure... Mmmmh...

You might think that, but...

Migtroth is a TPK waiting to happen. ;)

Welll... IF it's an actual lvl 3 (as in, not unbalanced as per the DMG guidelines), barring awful rolls, and with a good party going nova with a tactlord... I doubt anything can stay standing... But heh, maybe I just need to see it to change my mind ;)[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]
You don't? o_O I thought this worked pretty much like an adventure.
It does. Weldon was asking about unapproved characters. They don't get XP until approved.

As for your second statement, Migtroth is *cough* mostly level 3... :blush:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ken]Oh, now I see. What about money and items, wouldn't that be part of normal rewards (and make sense, as an in-game "prize")?
mostly level 3 eh? :heh:
Well, with a slightly optimized party... mmmmh[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]
Oh, now I see. What about money and items, wouldn't that be part of normal rewards (and make sense, as an in-game "prize")?
There are monetary rewards for each match. The amount depends on your negotiating skill, meaning how well you can convince Aggravus Pinch that you can bring additional entertainment value to the fight. If you have a rep, you can get more money. You can build a rep by fighting weaker arena battles or doing something of notoriety in the living world.

There may also be special prizes for completing a fight...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Can a PC who's on an adventure already participate or does it require them to be in the tavern?
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Can a PC who's on an adventure already participate or does it require them to be in the tavern?

This is an adventure like any other, so you can't be on two adventures at the same time.

And, since this is an adventure, it will need a judge. I'd suggest, given the... transient nature of the PCs in this "adventure", that we share the judging duties around as needed.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
This is an adventure like any other, so you can't be on two adventures at the same time.

And, since this is an adventure, it will need a judge. I'd suggest, given the... transient nature of the PCs in this "adventure", that we share the judging duties around as needed.
Perhaps a judge assigned to each fight/group of PCs? When the fight is done, the judge is 'freed'. Of course, a judge could judge a long series of these, or multiples simultaneously, just like with other adventures, but this gives an easy out fairly regularly if need be.

Also, looks fun, Ken! Too bad I can't have a 2nd character yet :([/sblock]

Remove ads