TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

fireinthedust

Explorer
The skull lord stops playing the accordian and accepts the clipboard from Emral and reads the signature. "Nice to meet you, Emral." (snip) [/color]

Not a big fan of instructions, but you do have me there. I'll be more precise next time.

"The secret ingredient of the TURTLEDOG! special sauce is..."
The skull lord waves Emral closer.

All three heads shout at the same time. "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

They belly laugh, as do several of the spectators.

Emral shakes his head from the noise, and with the tips of his fingers squeeks clean the insides of his ears. Well, I suppose that's what I get for asking questions... (ahem) My name is Emral Dajand, for all intents and purposes a Genasi Wizard. I feel it's important to tell you that I intend to rain fire down upon the Turtledome and all who stand against me!!!!! uh, er, for the sake of the kiddies, obviously.

"Hmm. Looks like there's only four of you. We were hoping for more. You're not waiting on anyone are you?"

Actually, Vaunea, I don't think he'd have run away. There was that big hubbub in the Market on the way over here; he may have been delayed, or gone to wet his whistle while things cleared up. Then, thinking about what he just said, Actually, I hope he's alright. Hadarai, you think we should wait for Finnian?

[sblock=ooc]I wonder if he's posting on the other thread...[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
As the adventurers turn to look for their companion, they wonder aloud if he has been waylaid, fled in fright, or if he might be curled up crying like a little child. They turn this way and that and then the answer to their questions is revealed in a movement from the crowd. The sea of people has parted to make an opening for the obviously bewildered half-elf. He doesn't advance to the stand as much as he rides the wave of eager spectators pushing him forward to join the rest of the party.

I... had no idea.

Finnian follows the directions provided to sign the forms, the whole time letting his mouth hang open wide. After filling out the required paperwork, he pauses and turns and appears to notice the roiling crowd for the first time. A grin flashes as Finnian takes in the swaying tides of people that are gathering for the spectacle.

So you came to see a fight, eh?

A few ragged cheers give him all the encouragement he needs...

Well, you've come to the right place ladies and gentlemen. If you've come to see a fight, I've got one for you! The boys at home used to bet against me, but now I've got all their coin.

Finnian stops to jingle his coin purse.

Come now. Surely you lot won't make the same mistake, right?

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for showing up late. I missed the exodus from the tavern.[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
"Vaunea asks, "You got song of strong fighters? If not, you write one of Vaunea after."

"Better that that, my beefy heifer, I'm hoping that we'll make beautiful music together."

Not a big fan of instructions, but you do have me there.

"Says the guy with a ritual spell-book," says the leftmost skull in a stage whisper.

The skull lord and several people in the crowd chuckle.

The skull lord accepts the clipboard from Finnian and checks the paperwork.

In a macabre, booming voice, the middle skull releases a maniacal laugh.

FOOLS! Now that you have signed this paperwork, you have bound yourselves into eternal servitude.

KenHood

First Post
"Hah! Did you see the look on their faces?"

"I know. I love doing that."

"Just kidding!"

The skull lord places the clipboard and accordian into a bag, tossing it over one shoulder. He snaps his fingers, and his staff bounces into his hand with a jingle.

"If you folks will just follow me," he says, "I'll take you to meet the Chairman of TURTLEDOME!, Mr. Pinch."

He turns, facing the head of the giant turtle.

"Hey, big guy!"

"Open up!"

[sblock=OOC]Hey, Weldon, I need a link to your character sheet. Also, you need to choose a different color for your text. Mr. Pinch has the DarkOrange.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea looks at her companions, quite confused. "You said fight 'TORTOISE DOOM'. Now go in? What we fight?" Then Vaunea begins following into TURTLEDOME!

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan follows behind Vaunea, explaining "I believe this is some sort of an arena, though on a colossal scale. There must be some monsters inside that we'll have to face, perhaps some skeleton minions... maybe they'll be related to our host here and you can take out some.. frustration."

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral ponders the jesters' words, finally thinking of something to say when the group starts walking.

He falls in with the others, rambling. I liked to think of them as, well, more like recipes than instructions. I don't always use adder's blood for Tenser's floating disc, you know, Nutmeg works just fine if you heat it (which I can do). Yes, sometimes there are explosions, but wizardry is a... a... a creative science, thank you. I'm a free thinker, an Inspirationalist.
Hey, are we going inside that thing's mouth? Hah, maybe it's some sort of living arena rather than merely a building put on an animal's back. Like, erm, a living organic Construct! I wouldn't be surprised if there were stairs on the other side of that creature's, or rather "Creature's", beak!

To the Minotaur he replies, Yes, Vaunea. Dooom sounds like Dome. This TURTLEDOME!means in our language "great magic turtle who is also a battleground". You have in your homeland a place where warriors prove themselves? We go inside the Arena and prove ourselves; if we fail, it is our doom. Just like we said.

mohalloran

First Post
"Vaunea smash tortoise. Vaunea smash bone. No change to Vaunea. Just want make sure Vaunea's ready to kill." Vaunea says, while checking the sharpness of her horns.

Turning back to the skull lord, Vaunea asks "Why meet Mr. Pinch? Vaunea ready to kill! Not talk. Time for talk gone. Time for kill here."

[sblock='OOC']After all this kill talk, I'm just waiting for Vaunea to be taken down in the first round of combat without getting to attack anything. You watch, it will be the funniest thing that's happened here so far. ;)[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I wanted to let you know that I'll be away, without a stable internet connection for the next 4-5 days. I'll try to post as much as I can, bt I don't know how much I'll manage.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"I tell ya," says the rightmost skull in a stage whisper, "I wouldn't mind experiencing the petite death with Vaunea. If you know what I mean..."

---

The beak of the great turtle opens, and its tongue lolls onto to the pier.

One would expect the tongue of a giant turtle to be quite 'moist', but this one is not.

Also, one would not expect a turtle to have teeth, but this one does.

Big, white, shiny teeth the size of small houses.

Those on the bottom row are hollowed into shops and fast food restaurants. Most sell TURTLEDOME! memorabilia, such as plush Migtroth dolls (just 1 GP!) or Doompaloompa action figures. You see a set of pewter statues depicting the Three Storms, a trio of kung fu elementals. You can even buy a chess set made from discarded pieces of the Legion of Bone!

The skull lord leads you over the tongue of the beast, into its esophagus--which (again) seems not at all sticky and unpleasant. In fact, its well lit, with a broad, paved boulevard down the middle, lined with more shops and restaurants.

It is extraordinarily clean.

Just out of the corner of your eyes, you catch of glimpse of shadowy figures polishing brass or dusting curios. But when you look directly at them, you see nothing.

Perhaps they are the damned souls of every adventurer ever to have participated in TURTLEDOME!

Or not.

---

The skull lord leads you behind some shops and unlocks a door marked, "Staff Only." You follow him deeper into the (literal) bowels of the great turtle.

---

Up ahead, you see a small group of drow, pleading with a troll that seems bent on giving them the bum's rush. The female priestess is wailing in a most unattractive manner. "But we've got spiders and darkness and... and..."

"Poisoned crossbows!" one of her lackeys offers.

"Yeah, yeah," says the troll, with the pained tone of one having said the same thing for the thousandth time, "But that don't make you monsters. As far as we're concerned, you're just a bunch of elves with a pigmentation problem. Now, shove off, you poseurs."

---

An elevator takes you up several stories and opens upon a well-appointed atreum. The skull lord knocks on a door before you.

"Come in," says a voice on the other side.

---

[sblock=Doompaloompa]A group of orange dwarf-oid-ish creatures that drive their opponents mad by singing ponderous, creepy songs that provide insight into the worst aspects of their victims' character.

Want to fight 'em?[/sblock]

[sblock=The Three Storms]A trio of elementals, each bearing a specific power of the tempest: Rain, Thunder, and Lightning. Their austere grace belies their awesome power![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads