TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

mohalloran

First Post
A reasonable question, but one to which you shall not receive an answer, save that the environment in which you fight shall not be inimical to your particular biology.

Vaurea, completely confused, asks "Im-i-call to my par-tick-ler bi...what man talk of? Place will no hurt us? Then we hurt skeletons. Hurt good."

KenHood said:
"It usually looks like a lot of skeletons jumping on adventurers who start screaming things like, 'Oh Gods, please stop hitting me!' or 'Not in the face! Not in the face!' Quite a crowd pleaser."

"Vaurea please crowd. Kill skeletons. After, hear song. You want to see skeletons crunch?" She looks directly at Mr. Pinch for a response.

KenHood

First Post
"The question, my dear," purrs Mr. Pinch, "Is do YOU want to see skeletons crunch?"

He produces a contract and a quill.

"This is a standard boilerplate contract, permitting the party signing--that's you--to take part in a battle against the Legion of Bone, with no actual threat to life on your part, since you can't die in our arena. (Convenient, don't you think?) The contract also contains a liability waiver, holding TURTLEDOME! blameless in the unfortunate incident that our resurrection spells do not function properly, perhaps revivifying you as a fungoid creature, or in the event that exposure to our intellectual property irrevocably destroys your sanity. The contract also includes a good faith clause on your part, that you intend to fight to the best of your ability, as well as reparations that must be made by you, the party of the first part, should you fail to show for your battle. Also, by signing the contract, you agree to permit TURTLEDOME! (and its subsidiaries) to use your name and image in advertising materials associated with the match, as well as signing over all merchandising rights to TURTLEDOME!, including publication rights. Finally, the contract states that you, the party of the first part, shall remit a standard fee of 10 gold pieces (per member) to the party of the second part, TURTLEDOME!, for the privilege of fighting the Legion of Bone, to help cover the costs associated with your bout, such as locker room maintenance, towel cleaning, and notifications to next of kin. The contract then stipulates that should you win the match, your party shall receive a prize purse to the sum of 100 gold pieces."

He waves the quill.

"Shall we make it official?"

SKILL CHALLENGE: NEGOTIATION!
BEGIN!​
[sblock=Initiative]Skill Challenge: Negotiation -- Initiative
Drivan (21)
Emral (20)
Finnian (18)
Hadarai (11)
Vaunea (11)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
As Drivan and Emral begin to respond, Finnian's eyes narrow and a hard look takes over his previously startled face. Muttering out loud, he grumbles...

10 gold?! To win 20? I'd take it if I knew what I was fighting, but I think these blokes mean for us to fight ACTUAL skeletons, not just talking puppet heads like this fellow has strapped on. Well, I'd take it if I actually had 10 gold to give. And this guy is going to make a killing on that crowd gathered around outside. Hmmm, wonder if he means to make a *killing* on us too.

KenHood

First Post
"Too much talk, Mr. Pinch." Vaunea looks around impatiently. "What do your words mean?"
Mr. Pinch chuckles.

"Forgive me, my dear. I do tend to be a bit long-winded. I was just letting you and your friends know that it will only cost you 10 gold pieces to fight in my arena--and you stand to win 100 gold pieces for your hard work."

10 gold?! To win 20?
"That's an excellent Return On Investment, my good man. You spend one to make two. Most merchants can only hope for such a significant profit margin."

[sblock=DM Decision]I'm going to wave the initiative order. Figure it will slow the game down too much at this point. Go ahead and make your pleas/offers/[social interactions].[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
"That's an excellent Return On Investment, my good man. You spend one to make two. Most merchants can only hope for such a significant profit margin."
What's that? Return on Investment? Look, I don't know about that, but where I come from nobody pays to fight, you see. You stand to make some good trade off that crowd out there, but they came to see a fight and I, we, can give it to them. If we win, well then we've earned our pay by providing a spectacle for the people. If we lose, well, a person of your obvious, uh, stature ought to be able to provide a small token of appreciation, am I right? I can usually find a penny or two leftover for the boys I whip back home, you know, for their trouble.

[sblock=Diplomacy Skill Check]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2017585/
1d20+3 → [9,3] = (12)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Weldon]Weldon, add a relevant skill check to your comments. That will initiate progress towards the completion of the challenge. If you don't wish to do so, your comments will not further the challenge.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea no need to pay. I fight outside for free. 10 gold for fight? You pay Vaunea. Her axe big. Make smash. Vaunea want gold. Want fight. You give both. Vaunea give show! SMASH!

Vaunea looks at Mr. Pinch in her most showboat face attempting to woo him over with her want to fight and put on a good show.

[sblock='Diplomacy Check']1d20->16[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='OOC']Do you want me to roll again. This is my first time using Invisible Castle, and I didn't know you could put things into a Campaign, so I rolled seperately. Do I need to do it again through the campaign page, or will the 16 be sufficient for now?[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hi folks! It seems you're in need of a judge. Since no one else seems to be jumping up to do it, I'll volunteer. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

This is very entertaining - I look forward to reading along! Keep it up :D

Oh, and I'll probably be a little scarce this weekend. So don't, y'know, explode over Easter here ;) (On that note, Happy Easter, to those of you who celebrate!) Should be back to regular Monday or Tuesday. [/sblock]

Remove ads