TURTLEDOME! (Battle Bone!) -- Part 2

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Location]
I say we assume that all three of us (Emral, Drivan, and Finnian) wound up on Swillwort's porch together.
It doesn't fit the narrative. (Finnian would already be inside and talking with Swillwort. Right now, it's just Drivan.) If it's at the inn, then we can get Vaunea reconnected with the party in short order, and you guys can purchase your mundane items on the way to Swillwort.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hide Armor and Hammers]
I'd like to buy hide armor and a throwing hammer. I would RP it but I wanted to get consensus on where Finnian is located at the moment.
Okay. Even better reason to start out at the inn.

Also, can I buy a +0 magic throwing hammer that returns when thrown but doesn't have any bonuses?
That's a negatory. It's got to have a bonus in order to have an enchantment. You've enough gold to purchase a +1 hammer without dipping into the party kitty, but you might want to invest that in armor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Future Adventures]
I love that we are thinking about staying together. Finnian needs some friends to help him find his way. I think I'm almost more excited about the next side adventures than the fights.
At least one side-adventure will involve the acquisition of the pawn shop. Then, I've got a super-messed-up idea for a dungeon crawl that's part of a 'public service'...[/sblock]

[sblock=Level 2!]
Almost forgot to mention that my level 2 review was approved.
Cool! Drivan is approved, too. Vaunea had a couple of minor issues, but she should be in the pink now. All we need is FitD to pick his power and feat, then we'll be good to go.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Staff of Light]Since it sounds like I'll have money left over after party buys I think I'm going to pick up that staff of light for 840gp. Also, I'll trade Vaunea for the remaining residium just because of it being a ritual component. That work for you Moh?[/sblock]

Drivan looks at Swillwort, down at the staff and wand, and back to Swillwort... "Woah, that was quick."

Looking towards the screaming/singing Drivan raises an eyebrow, "What is that uncanny sound?"

KenHood

First Post
Drivan looks at Swillwort, down at the staff and wand, and back to Swillwort... "Woah, that was quick."
Swillwort cackles maniacally, then gradually sobers. He clears his throat. "I know."

"But please don't tell your friend, Emral, otherwise I'll have him in my home for hours on end swapping enchantments from one item to the other as the whim hits him. You'd not believe how long it took him to choose a magical armor for my enchantment."

Looking towards the screaming/singing Drivan raises an eyebrow, "What is that uncanny sound?"
Swillwort shakes his head. "I'd prefer to discuss it with your friend, Emral, and have him take the source of said sound out of my home as soon as possible."

Last edited:

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan nods, "Understood, Emral should be here soon... Oh, and I've been meaning to ask, I've heard of a Staff of Light that can damage undead creatures much quicker than more conventional means, do you know of this weapon? I was thinking of picking one up and was wondering if I provided the components if you could enchant one for me?"

weldon

Explorer
Finnian pokes at Emral, but there is absolutely no response.

Emmers, you OK? Well, I'm starving, mate. I'm gonna head down for breakfast... you want to come?

With no response, Finnian heads out of the room with Erlai perched on his arm. He closes the door behind him carefully and heads downstairs to the common room.

How are you, bird? Maybe they have something freshly killed for you too. I wonder where Vaun went to? Maybe she'll meet us here at the inn.
[sblock=Plans]I'm just stalling for time with Emral here since I'm stuck until he returns in wedded bliss.

The Hide armor is 30gp and the throwing hammer distance +1 is 360gp. I have 378gp time gold and can sell the Leather for 5gp for a total of 383gp. Can someone lend me 7gp?

The dungeon crawl sounds great.

If we're planning to continue, should we try and find another leader now for this fight and the next adventure? I'm at the Inn, I suppose I could ask in the Hanged Man.[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Reklaw]The companion slot item "Sigil of Companionship" is 1800gp. The rest is starting equipment and time gold. I do have 6gp from my starting equipment left over, so actually I only need to borrow 1gp.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=stupid stupid stupid]Oh damn, net worth... Here I've been rolling in my gold;)I can loan you the 1 gp.

Can we cancel what Drivan just said about the Staff of Light Ken?[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Drivan nods, "Understood, Emral should be here soon... Oh, and I've been meaning to ask, I've heard of a Staff of Light that can damage undead creatures much quicker than more conventional means, do you know of this weapon? I was thinking of picking one up and was wondering if I provided the components if you could enchant one for me?"
Swillwort thinks for a moment, cupping his chin in his palm while tapping his lip with his finger, then shrugs. "Must be something that was invented in the past couple of years. As you know, I've been out of circulation for a while, so I'm a lit--"

From the room next door, the screaming man shouts, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Yeah! Huh! Emral is THE MAN, baby! Can I hear an amen?! GET FUNKY WITH IT! AMEN! YEEEEEEAAAAAH!"

Swillwort starts, then grasps his heart, breathing rapidly. "That thing will be the death of me..."

[sblock=Plans]
If we're planning to continue, should we try and find another leader now for this fight and the next adventure? I'm at the Inn, I suppose I could ask in the Hanged Man.
Nope. Nobody else gets a share of the glory in the TURTLEDOME! fight. They'll have to wait until the next part of the adventure. (And I'm going to officially end this adventure before we start the next part, so I can get some...ahem...DM credits and dump them ALL on the Tonkster.)

Besides, I've got you covered for a leader.[/sblock]

[sblock=Money, money, money, mooooooooneeeey!]Hmm. I wonder what Reklaw is thinking. He's only got about 380 gp of his own, but I can see where there's about 1000 in the kitty. Maybe he's going to borrow cash from the other players...

Oh damn, net worth... Here I've been rolling in my gold;)
Hah! :)[/sblock]

The hangovers and FitD's wedding absence fit well together. It gives a good, in-character reason for Emral to be out of the narrative at the moment. FitD said he'd be back to post around the 2nd, so we should be able to get all of our purchases out of the way, do the research on the lantern, and be ready to start up the Battle Bone! by the time he returns.

Last edited:

Remove ads