TURTLEDOME! (Battle Bone!) -- Part 2

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan thanks Swillwort for all of his help and mentions the lamp lens', "... I was thinking about bringing them over to the library to research them, any suggestions on where I should start? That place can get you all turned around..."

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Moh?]The way I understood Ken's directions, Finnian is waiting at the Hanged Man for Vaunea to show up so we could go shopping together and do any other meta stuff before Emral wakes up and rejoins us.

Ken, if I'm not waiting for Vaunea, let me know so I can post my shopping stuff and join Drivan at the library or something.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
Vaunea arrives at the tavern just as Finnian finishes up his morning meal. "Ahh, friend. Battle today." And with that, she takes a seat next to her friend, and begins cleaning her axe with a piece of the bloody hood that was over Olivia's head.

"So, where everyone?" Vaunea asks while looking around the room for the rest of her companions. "Ready for fight? Let's go."

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Uh...

Actually, battle tomorrow.

And Swillwort provides Drivan with suggestions on his search in the library. (+2 to skill checks)

weldon

Explorer
Vanns! It's good to see your furry face this morning.

Finnian looks positively overjoyed to see his companion again. He stands as she takes her seat and Erlai squawks in delight.

"So, where everyone?" Vaunea asks while looking around the room for the rest of her companions.

Well, Emral is sleeping one off upstairs in our room. I think he'll be ready to go in time though. Drivan said something about needing to see Swillwort last night, and then he just wandered off. It was all I could do to get Emral upstairs and into the bed.

"Ready for fight? Let's go."

You know, I've been thinking that this leather, while fine for hunting outdoors, it's a little light for the fights we've been in. If the Tortoise thing is tough, I might need some tougher armor to match. Also, this dagger is great for hunting, skinning and all but fighting skeletons has me thinking I need something to smash with in my left hand. Like a hammer or somethun. Whadya say we go hit the bazaar on the way to Swillwort's? We can leave a note with the innkeep for Emral so he knows where we went.

Finnian settles up at the bar and leaves instructions for the innkeeper and help to pass along to Emral.

Let's go, dear.

Finnian lets Erlai hop on his arm and walks out into the streets, asking directions to the shops.

Vanns, I'm looking for something tougher than this leather and a hammer, something like what I used in the blacksmith shop back home.

[sblock=Shopping]Finnian is looking for hide armor +1 and a throwing hammer. Do I need to make a skill check or RP anything? Ken do you just want to post the results? Moh, do you need anything? or do we proceed straight on to Swillwort's?[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
"Vaunea ready." Vaunea gets up from her seat and puts up her axe. Then, she heads out the door towards the weapons smith, following Finnian's footsteps.

[sblock=Armor]I'm not sure what kind of money we have. I know that we have been talking about the things we currently own, but we need to figure out what we actually have, in gold, to pay for things. I've heard talk about getting better armor for Vaunea, which I'm in favor of, but I don't know the gold situation at all. I've kinda been confused with all the numbers thrown out there (ie...I don't understand the time gold or if we have it or how much it is and how much other gold we have).[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Finnian pauses to let Vaunea catch up and walk alongside him.

Sorry, but it's a little much having you follow my footsteps down the street. Come, walk up here and tell me where you're from, my friend.

[sblock=Armor]We have 1120gp in party gold. You also have 378gp in time gold. Finnian will only need 1gp from party gold. I think we are agreed to spend the lion's share on Vaunea's armor[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Gold]Whatever money is listed on your character sheet currently belongs to your character. In other words, Vaunea has 387 gp of her own (not shared with the party).

The party (as a group) has 920 gold pieces, broken down as follows...
  • 730 gp (from Swillwort and Marco)
  • A small chest containing 90 gp and a 100 gp gem.

The party also has 200 gp worth of residuum, which can be given to Swillwort to enchant an item or used by Drivan cast rituals. (If sold, the residuum only has a value of 40 gp.)

The party has the following items that are not assigned to specific characters...
Current unassigned treasure includes...
  • Cloak of Distortion +1
  • Potions of Healing (x2)
  • Scroll of Disenchant Item

Does that make it any clearer?[/sblock]
[sblock=Shopping]If you want to roleplay, that's fine. I'm okay with you just posting the results.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral awoke one eye at a time, cracking open each lid to take in the blur as it slowly formed into the room at the Hanged Man. Finnian's form coalesced on the bed, curled up with Emral's Jacket, stuffed with pillows. As the ranger pawed it and spoke to it, the genasi raised his eyebrow and just watched, hoping the ranger wouldn't notice him.

When Finnian finally left the room, Emral blew a sigh of relief. Good idea putting that pillow in my jacket, love. I like Finnian, but he's not my kind of cuddly! he said to the girls lying to either side of him. He winked at the strumpet whose bossom he'd autographed, and at the cute nerdy girl from the crowd the day before. Groggy as they were, he put aside some coin to cover a nice breakfast for them. Best fan club ever, girls! I'll see you later; take your time, the room's paid up.

Emral looked at the jacket Finnian had been cuddling and grimaced. hmmm... y'know, maybe I'll just go get a new one. Oh, wait, I've got one on order!

with that, he grabbed his important effects and headed to Swillworts for his new armor.

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan bids Swillwort farewell and thanks him for his help, taking his research notes and heading to the library. As he heads out of the house he uses a little magic to conjure up a room full of roses for Annie, hoping that she sees them before they dissapear.

Remove ads