• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TURTLEDOME! (Battle Bone!) -- Part 2

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: DM Credits]
Officially requesting to cash in 10 months of time for DM credits. Who'da thunk it?!
*Readies official looking stamp*

I hereby award KenHood 20 DM points for 10 months of DMing this crazy adventure.

Unfortunately, the stamp is just for looks, since there's no paper involved for me to stamp. ;)[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I know. I was highly impressed with those rolls as well. I'm hoping to keep that flickering green light from going back down and take a bunch of skeletons out while I'm at it!

And dang it. I've been forgetting to add 1 to all of my rolls. So, really, those are supposed to be 1 higher.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
//admittedly, I wasn't so sure when the first post included the turtle's rear area bubbling under the water... but then I went with it, and it was hilarious, and it kept being hilarious.

KenHood

First Post
Round 3 and 4...

"Come back here you stupid cow!" shouts the Legionnaire in Vaunea's path.

The minotaur, heedless, charges past. Energy from the Approvalometer (tm) pumps into her, wrapping her horns in flames.

As she charges onto the elevator, the crowd begins to shout, "Go! Go! Go!" They scream in time with Vaunea's steps.

The elevator flings Vaunea onto the wall. The flames about her horns turn into an interlaced web of force as she begins to run faster and faster, transforming into a bellowing blur of minotaur rage.

The Legionnaires on the wall wail in terror and gnash their teeth.

Suddenly, Vaunea smashes into their line, barreling down one, two, three of the skeletons. Bones fly in the air, spontaneously reforming into new Legionnaires that tumble from the wall and scatter on the ground, spawning even more of their numbers. A fourth skeleton dodges out of the way, pressing itself against the wall. As Vaunea mows down a fifth skeleton, the survivor leaps out, about to strike.

Then, one of the falling, bouncing, tumbling skeletons lands on a green disk.

A brilliant flash of green radiance consumes all the skeletons near the disk. Vaunea feels a wave of healing force, repairing all of her injuries.

The stadium shakes with the force of the crowd's cheering.

"Oh my gods! Oh my gods! Oh my gods!"

"Never in all my years have I seen such a feat!"

The green disk transforms into a swirling black glop.

All the white skeletons scream, "MINE!"

All the green skeletons scream, "NO, MINE!"

All the orange skeletons scream, "NO, NO, NO! MINE!"

The bone-tinant screams, "No, you idiots! Stay on the wall!"

The second BONESWARM! lunges forwards, closing the gap with the party. The necrotic mass attacks Erlai. [Standard: Bone Shards v. AC (1d20+8=28); CRITICAL HIT! Erlai takes 14 damage!]

There is a high-pitched grinding noise, followed by a spray of blood and feathers. Erlai goes down!

Then the BONESWARM crashes against Drivan, knocking the wizard to the ground. [Minor: Overwhelm v. Fortitude (1d20+7=14). Drivan is prone!]

Round 4 begins...
Drivan manages to create a brief barrier of magical force that protects him against the howling BONESWARM! [Aura: BONESWARM! gets a basic attack against Drivan because he's in its aura at the start of his turn. 1d20+8+2=13 v. AC. Miss!]

NOTE: If you're adjacent to a BONESWARM!, at the start of your turn, you're subject to a basic attack (1d10+8 v. AC, 1d10+4 damage).

[sblock=Status: Round 4]Drivan HP 6/26 BLOODIED, PRONE; Healing Surges 6/7 <== You’re up!
Emral HP 17/27, Healing Surges 4/6
BONESWARM! 1: 16 THP
White Team
Green Team
Finnian HP 16/38, BLOODIED, +2 damage and +2 regeneration while bloodied (Erlai HP -5/24) DYING!
Bone-tinant
Orange Team
Vaunea HP 44/44, Regen 6 while bloodied; Healing Surges 11/13
BONESWARM! 2: 2 THP

Party Kills: 43 (2150 XP; 537 XP each)

[sblock=LoB Opportunity Attacks]If you must roll opportunity attacks for or against a Legionairre, use the following statistics:

AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13; Basic Attack: +6 v. AC, 3 damage​
[/sblock]

[sblock=Uncle Mikey's Special Potions]UNCLE MIKEY’S SUPER HEALING POTION
Base Item: Potion
Power (Consumable): Minor Action. Drink this potion and spend a healing surge. You regain all lost Hit Points. However, because Uncle Mikey made this potion with super-hot peppers, you experience unbelievable searing pain in your mouth and bowels. Your tongue swells, and you cannot speak (or consume any other potions). Your nose runs, your eyes tear, and you become dizzy from the pain: -2 to all attack rolls and defenses. A successful save ends the harmful side effects.
Level: n/a
Value: n/a

UNCLE MIKEY’S GO JUICE
Base Item: Potion
Power (Consumable): Minor Action. When you drink Uncle Mikey’s Go Juice, you gain a +1 bonus to Speed, Armor Class, and Reflexes, as well as the ability to perform an extra basic attack once per round, as a free action, on your turn. This Go Juice effect lasts until the end of your next turn.

Once the first effect of the Go Juice wears off, you begin to get the jitters. When you post, you cannot place spaces, capitalization, or punctuation in your character’s speech. You still gain a +1 bonus to Speed and may perform an extra basic attack, once per round, as a free action, on your turn. However, you suffer a -1 penalty to all attack rolls and defenses. A successful save ends this effect.

After the second effect of the Go Juice wears off, you become blind until the end of your next turn.
Level: n/a
Value: n/a[/sblock]

[sblock=Approvalometer Tokens][sblock=Generic Tokens x2]A party member can spend a generic token to do one of the following...
  • Get Up! -- spend a Healing Surge as a free action (even if unconscious).
  • Get Going! -- gain an extra action, as if having spent an action point.
  • Do It Again! -- regain the use of an encounter or daily power that you have already expended.
  • Try Harder! -- re-roll a failed attack roll with a +1 bonus.
Spending a Token of Favor is a free action. It can only be done on your turn. Once used, tokens are gone until the next battle.[/sblock]
[sblock=Special Psychic Tokens]Because of the party's interaction with the general public, you have caused the approvalometer to generate several special tokens. These tokens are as follows...

DUUUUUUUUUDE!
Uncle Mikey loves the party!
Available to: Any one party member.
Effect: You may activate this token as a free action when you imbibe a potion. You do not have to spend a healing surge to gain the potion’s effects.

EVERYBODY LOVES VAUNEA
Nothing protects a warrior like the pure-hearted love of children.
Available to: Vaunea.
Effect: You may activate this token as an immediate interrupt when you are supposed to suffer damage from an attack. The token negates all effects of the attack.

GOOD RIDDANCE!
Your fans feel nothing but relief that Hadarai has left the party—and that provides you with relief as well.
Available: Entire party.
Effect: A party member may activate this token as a free action on his or her turn. All members of the party immediately recover 4 HP and may perform a save against one effect.

GIVE HIM A FOOT IN THE MOUTH AND HE’LL TAKE A MILE
Finnian’s gaffes have moved the public, so now they want to move him.
Available: Finnian.
Effect: As a free action, you may shift 6 squares.

MARCO’S HOPES AND DREAMS
Marco’s desire for the party’s victory grants new life to the fallen.
Available: Any one party member.
Effect: As a free action, when a party member becomes unconscious or dies, you may activate this token. The fallen party member immediately recovers, gaining full hit points.

ONE-ARMED HALFLING SUPER-FU
Cousin Eustace’s hard-bitten, dirty-fightin’ warrior spirit inspires you.
Available: Any one party member.
Effect: You may use this token as a free action when one of your attacks hits an opponent. That opponent is stunned until the end of its next turn.

ONE HOT HUNK OF MANHOOD
The red-hot lust of women everywhere fuels Drivan’s flames.
Available to: Drivan.
Effect: When you cast Scorching Burst, you may activate this token. The area of spell becomes burst 5, and it inflicts 2d6, rather than 1d6 damage. You gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls with the burst.

RATS!
Swillwort’s gratitude over his release from his horrible state sets the party free from their afflictions.
Available to: Entire party.
Effect: All party members automatically succeed in saves against any current, ongoing effects.

Once you expend a psychic token, it is gone forever. Only the person to whom the token is available may activate it.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Dave, Spirit of War]Once per round, a party member may spend a Dave Token. A Dave Token has one of the following effects, chosen when it is used:
  • A party member may shift one space.
  • A party member may regain 1d6 HP without spending a healing surge.
  • A party member may perform a basic melee attack as a free action.
  • Designate an enemy as a target. All party members gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against that target until the start of activator's next turn.
Using a Dave Token is a free action that a party member may perform on his or her turn. The party may only use one Dave Token per round.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• LoB_Battle1_round4a.jpg
    LoB_Battle1_round4a.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=KenHood]Just to let you know, you still have Vaunea bloodied on the map, but as the status block shows, she's no longer bloodied.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
//Did Drivan's failed attempt on his last turn burn his Action Point and other gambled action? Dreading the beginning of the turn attack:p//

KenHood

First Post
//Nope. He never got a chance to use them. Also, I've already applied the beginning of turn attack against Drivan. It was a miss.

Next map, I'll fix Vaunea's bloodied state.//

Remove ads