TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit says, "Well, that's convenient, but which way? I don't know if we'll be lucky enough for these tracks to be made by the Mhytres we're looking for, but we should investigate the trail anyway. This close to Southroad Fair, we need to know who all of our neighbors are."

Could Bolo determine which way the freshest tracks were headed?

Turtle comes over, dripping water from the stream, to smell the trail and try to pick of the scent of their prey. He's curious what his people with do their prey this time, kill them dead or talk them into submission.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 89: Examining the Fork in the Stream, Part 3

Could Bolo determine which way the freshest tracks were headed?

Turtle comes over, dripping water from the stream, to smell the trail and try to pick of the scent of their prey. He's curious what his people with do their prey this time, kill them dead or talk them into submission.
GM: It is decided, after some collaboration, that the freshest tracks are headed upstream. This path appears to be used regularly in both directions, but not often, indicating the possibility of a long trip.

There has been too much time since the last passage, Turtle is unable to identify any discernible scent.

In the course of the examination and deliberation, Sheldon joins the conversation.
"I remember that we met a party Maldrog some time back. It should have been somewhere over in this easterly direction, though we were traveling from farther south. I wonder if we are looking for the same clan."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo nod to each other and Sannit says, "Ok, since there are no objections we should follow this clue in the direction of the last travelers."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
"Following the stream appears to be the best course. I will take point"...Saemund begins walking up the stream with his hand on his battle axe...Saemund turns around and walks backward for a moment recounting a tale...

"This stream reminds me of a story... A woman holding a baby is walking by a stream where two men are fishing. As she passed the first man, the man says, 'That is the ugliest baby I've ever seen.' The woman is furious, but continues to walk...as she passed the second man she tells him, 'That man insulted me,' hoping he would defend her honor... The second fisherman says...(Saemund begins to chuckle, barely able to contain himself) "That's terrible, let me hold your monkey while you go yell at him.'"

Saemund throws his head back laughing loudly. While still chuckling he turns back around and begins watching for trouble while honing his ability to sense life.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 89 - 92: Following the Left Fork

Crossing the stream to follow the farthest fork takes little time or effort. The left branch of the stream soon becomes more narrow and more rapidly flowing corresponding to the changing elevation. The rolling hills become steeper and more pronounced. The hardening ground makes finding tracks useless, but various indicators with the flora assure the party that no divergence has been made.

Late in the afternoon, the party happens upon a small herd of deer, much larger deer than seen before. Being able to take 3 of them delays travel by 2 days, but the hides and especially the meat are well considered well worth it.

Turtle and Myth are most gracious to have so much fresh vital organs to consume.

OOC: New Collections:
  • 480 bricks Deer meat
  • 3 Deer Hides (150% coverage)

As travel begins again after the 2 days of preparing the fallen deer, the party comes upon a particularly odd rocky cairn easily visible a bit north of the direction of travel. An interestingly sweet smell wafts from its direction and gnarled trees in bloom appear to be growing about the ledges.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit laughs at Saemunds joke and replies, "I got one, what do you call seven Magisters at the bottom of a river? A good start."

Sannit peers at the cairn and says, "We shouldn't let our guard down. Let's link as a group and scan for people to determine if any are waiting in the rocks."

Turtle sniffs the air, trying to determine what the sweet smell is from.

MacConnell

Day 92: Investigating the Cairn

Cairn.jpg

Sannit peers at the cairn and says,
"We shouldn't let our guard down. Let's link as a group and scan for people to determine if any are waiting in the rocks."
Indigo says,
"That seems a really odd rock outcropping. There is no geography in this area to indicate why it is there."
Sheldon, who is squinting in the direction, says,
"I see some movement on the top, but it too small to be people."

GM: The distance is enough to require some coordinated effort. After a minute or so, it is decided that there are no other people in the area.

A few different game trails are identified running between the cairn and the stream.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle sniffs the air, trying to determine what the sweet smell is from.
GM: This particular aroma is not one with which Turtle is familiar, but it makes him think of honey, which of course, makes him hungry."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Posting for Tellerian Hawke

Tor visibly examines the rocks.
"No other people. I see that movement up top as well. This structure is likely home to predators, then. We should approach cautiously."

Tor adjusts his shield and sword unconsciously.

Merin muses aloud.
"I wonder what that smell is. I hope it is not some sort of dangerous attractant like with those weird cacti. Perhaps those rock will hold minerals or ore. We should divine for those once we get closer. I can also send Myth to scout, if we feel it may be necessary."

OOC: Posted by request via text.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo replies to Merin, "Since we don't know what we're dealing with, let's keep the animals close." As if in response to a silent mental command Turtle takes a few steps closer to her.

Sannit hefts his spear. "No people that we can detect so it's probably animal. Since our last encounter brought us too close to those beetles, let's make some noise from a distance and see what pokes it's head out. We should be ready with our range weapons in case it is hostile."

Bolo already has her bow out and readies an arrow.

Turtle licks his lips. If not for Bolo holding him back he would going up that cairn by now.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund draws his axe and sighs...
"I heard someone say once, 'Just because there is an opportunity, it doesn't mean it's your opportunity.' Our mission is in the mountains... Perhaps we should stick to it."

Saemund eyes the Cairn suspiciously

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads