• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[TV] Virtuality

Fast Learner

First Post
It looks like a pilot, smells like one (saw it on Hulu). I thought it was decent and has promise, and would certainly watch another couple of episodes to get a sense of whether or not I'd enjoy it as a show.

Ebonyr

First Post
the cliffhanger was pretty bad for a movie and shows that it was intended as a pilot for a series. Ron D. Moore makes good space dramas (BSG, etc):cool:

Pyrex

First Post
I enjoyed it. They set up a couple of clear questions that the (potential, if not likely) series will be about:

Question that will never be conclusively answered, just endlessly danced around:
1) Is the entire mission a sim?

Question that will be the main focus of season 1, probably answered conclusively in the season 1 finale:
2) Who/what is the "sim-crossing man"?

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'd watch it.

Then again, it may be foolish to get attached to something like this when the pilot may be all we ever get (see the plight of the Browncoats).

It feels familiar, like a meshing of Alien and Sunshine in the aesthetics. The reality show angle was kind of amusing and appropriate in our time. The VR technology suffers from not being explained; it's hard to get into it when we don't know the rules. The visuals were remarkable and the cast excellent. If I were in charge of these things I would give RDM tons of money and just tell him to keep making more stuff.

Pyrex

First Post
Of course they were awful. They don't call it the "friday night death-slot" for nothing.

Sci-fi show? Check.

Underadvertised? Check.

Friday night? Check.

Summer? Check.

Doomed? Oh yeah...

Gog

First Post
Of course they were awful. They don't call it the "friday night death-slot" for nothing.

Sci-fi show? Check.

Underadvertised? Check.

Friday night? Check.

Summer? Check.

Doomed? Oh yeah...

No kidding I heard about it because of this thread. They didn't want people to watch.

Remove ads