• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two new maps for your viewing pleasure!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In this thread I am attaching two new maps for your viewing pleasure.

The first is a pretty coloured version of the Regional Map. This is the player version - there's a corresponding GM's version with more detail.

The second is a map of Gate Pass.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 325
  • gatepass.jpg
    gatepass.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 330

Retreater

Legend
Scale?

According to the scale, the city of Gate Pass appears to be around 10 miles long! That means that it would take a typical human about a half day to traverse it.

Can that scale be right? If so, how can such an immense city be governed?

Retreater

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Retreater said:
According to the scale, the city of Gate Pass appears to be around 10 miles long! That means that it would take a typical human about a half day to traverse it.

It's very, very thin. The actual area isn't that large. And there are, as you can see, walled, manned divisions at periodic intervals.

sirwmholder

First Post
The player's map looks very colorful but it lacks something... trade routes being the most notable. Also given it's peninsula view why wouldn't sea travel negate the need to capture Gate Pass? Sure it would be nice but the rivers and ocean give the impression that Ragesia isn't without other means to wage an assault if Gate Pass became too troublesome. I'm really not derailing I just know that's one of the things my players will ask if I hand them this map.

Thank you for your time,
William Holder

Vanuslux

Explorer
Retreater said:

Retreater

Horses?

Hathur

First Post
The maps look great, nice detail and clean design - I like 'em :)

Now where the heck is the damn first part? January is about to end :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sirwmholder said:
The player's map looks very colorful but it lacks something... trade routes being the most notable. Also given it's peninsula view why wouldn't sea travel negate the need to capture Gate Pass? Sure it would be nice but the rivers and ocean give the impression that Ragesia isn't without other means to wage an assault if Gate Pass became too troublesome. I'm really not derailing I just know that's one of the things my players will ask if I hand them this map.

I'm not Rangerwickett, so my word is not gospel here. My thoughts to that run as follows: Ragesia might be the more powerful on land, but that doesn't mean that Shahalesti isn't more powerful on the seas. A naval deployment of that scale may well be beyond Ragesia.

Note that Ragesia is more powerful, but not so powerful that it could walk over Shahalesti (even if Gate Pass wasn't blocking the route).

Only Rangerwickett can answer that for certain, though - those are just a couple of obvious things which sprang to mind.

Pardon the briefness; I'm answering on my GM's computer during his game. *sneak sneak*

Shahalesti has naval power. Ragesia has land power. Also, attacking Shahalesti from the north is like attacking Russia during winter. You can do it, but it's hard.

hong

WotC's bitch
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: never get involved in a land war in Ragesia! But only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

helium3

First Post
sirwmholder said:

Thank you for your time,
William Holder

Well, isn't the whole premise of the saga that Coaltounge used the torch to transport his armies before his untimely death? Perhaps Ragesia simply never bothered to build a navy and the time line involved makes a land assault faster than converting a bunch of cargo ships into troop transports.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads