Two-Weapon Fighting Rules?

Good points everyone. I'm not getting "hung up" on the class labels though, I will admit that I just started the 4e stuff recently (we've been playing 3 weeks now). I haven't had a chance to really look into every classes powers, especially the higher level ones. I didn't realize that a couple other melee classes did have the ability to hit with two weapons (with their powers) a bit further up in levels. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, theNater. I like the way some of you are explaining how you don't go by "classes" to define characters, hadn't really thought of that aspect to be a one class, but calling oneself something else entirely. Thanks again for all the comments.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
For the ranger, you're ignoring Hunter's Quarry. :) Double the chance of hitting with your extra d6 or d8 or damage is generally just as good or better than getting a strength bonus.

-O
Only if a) everything you attack is your Quarry (it often is, but Rangers often run out of that necessary minor action) and b) you're comparing a die roll to a static bonus; for a melee ranger, that static bonus is probably a +4 vs. 1-6 or 1-8 points of damage. Only with the d8 is the average (about) equal to the static.

Static modifiers for the win.

The real edge is that with Twin Strike you have another chance to deal any damage at all. Using an at-will ability. That's freaking sweet.

Remove ads