D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons Panel at PAX East Today

Gadget

Adventurer
I, for one, welcome our new dragon overlords:cool:...

Seriously, WOTC takes serious flack for all the options and crunch bloat over the last couple of editions, then when they try to change gears and finance and edition with more 'transmedia' products and tie-ins--presumably so they won't have to rely so much on selling splat bloat--they get more flack. I could see this new story, tie-in route working for me, I but I also seriously doubt it will simply because I haven't really liked much D&D fiction over the years. But if it pays the bills and keeps crunch down to a where they don't have to put out a Heroes of the Bohemian Ear Spoon, or Complete Flouncy Pantaloons, I'll be grateful.

mhensley

First Post
...and there's an actual 5th Edition panel later in the show.

Nope, it's about how to dm.

Dungeons & Dragons R&D Presents: The Art of the Dungeon Master

Saturday 4/12, 5 pm – 6 pm (Eastern Time) Condor Theatre

Dungeon Mastering, like wine tasting and equestrianism, is a fine art. It takes a variety of skills – story-weaver, actor, lawyer, arbitrator – to sit behind the screen with confidence, style and aplomb. But fear not. These skills can be learned and our expert Dungeon Masters plucked straight from the D&D R&D department will be on hand to answer your questions. Need tips for DMing with D&D Next rules? Have some questions about weaving the Tyranny of Dragons story into your game? Want help building encounters and campaigns? A Q&A session will follow the panel discussion. All levels of Dungeon Masters welcome.

darjr

I crit!
They were answering DDN specific questions. I think it's fair to talk about those or even want more info on DDN in one of the few public events covering it from the designers.

But if it pays the bills and keeps crunch down to a where they don't have to put out a Heroes of the Bohemian Ear Spoon, or Complete Flouncy Pantaloons, I'll be grateful.

Shut up and take my money -- I'd buy both of those products!

The art is pretty solid so far -- I prefer that ogre to the 3E one! Sad there isn't more meaty info, though.

Remove ads