• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UA spell points vs. XPH PP

Brennin Magalus

First Post
I realize there is a discrepancy between spell points totals and spell slots in Unearthed Arcana but what is the reasoning behind the sorcerer maxing out at 249 points when the XPH psion maxes out at 343? (Not including bonus points from ability scores, of course.)

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I think at least part of it is that the sorcerer's spells will still scale automaticall, while the psion needs to pay extra points to augment his powers.

Brennin Magalus

First Post
MatthewJHanson said:
I think at least part of it is that the sorcerer's spells will still scale automaticall, while the psion needs to pay extra points to augment his powers.

I thought that too until I read it again. As it turns out, you have to pay extra SP to increase damage spells from the base.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Brennin Magalus said:
I thought that too until I read it again. As it turns out, you have to pay extra SP to increase damage spells from the base.
It seems you are correct. In that case, I don't have a good answer.

Remove ads