• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UaVS-Yrtchull's Return...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Sorry for the delay. computer was down.

I am of a mind to find a city and unload what we do not want and restock. Vestegene most surely will be retaking his power even as we speak.
Vorath my guard, Keep your senses sharp. he teleported and thus he's conceivably only a thought away from us at any time.
Nurin says as he places the newly found buckler on his left arm.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Comp back online. Remember that Teleport is limited in the Underdark, due to the Faezress (sp?).

IC

Gathering their things, the band makes it's way back out of the lair of Vestegene, whoever he may be, and into the tunnel proper.
It is a short way to he surface of this strange hideaway, where the familiar sounds of hooting frogs and the chirp of cave crickets presents a comforting change from the smell of Grimlock and the confinement of the chamber where they had so recently spent time and taken rest.

The light glow of the fungus gives view of the rest of the cavern where the fungal forest sits...East, to tunnels unknown, Southeast to the tunnels that would eventually take one back to Thelaru'acli or West, back to the lair of the Vivisectionist Wizard who had altered Vorath and Urftuk so recently...

matthewbajda

First Post
"my guess is that this wizard that had us confined is the one known as Vestegene... but is it really worth the trouble to back there? he may have some items of use is we can 'persuade' him to part with them."

yrtchull grins wickedly.

Vendetta

First Post
The dwarven monstrocity listens to Yrtchull and he can taste the bile as it rises from his stomach. He would love to take a shot at the cursed being who did this to him. Vorath's hard, chitinous shell masks his expressions and he appears little more than breathing. The insectile Duergar looks to Nurin to see what reaction the Drow might offer, though not expecting to learn much from a member of a race so adept at deceit.

Doubts race through the dwarf's mind. Has he recovered enough to face the monster that changed him this way? Is he strong enough? Will he and his new comrades be so easily overcome as he and his kin had been so very long ago? Or was he putting too much on all of it? Perhaps the cursed being had simply gotten the drop on him. Perhaps the creature had no power. Perhaps Vorath had been trapped only because of circumstance and now, with circumstances different, he could destroy the Cursed the way the Cursed One had destroyed him.

Vorath felt something in his stomach... something dispised, not only by himself but his people. He felt it only once before; something vile, something horrible, something that was punishable by death among his kin. Fear.

Fear would not master him, though. What did death matter to him? Yet he was afraid. Not of pain, nor death but of being imprisoned and subject to more experiments. It was something he could not bear again.

As Vorath thought on his torments at the hands of the being forever cursed by him, his hatred grew so that the fear was swept away and replaced by nothing but a longing to drive a dozen dozens of arrows into the heart of the man.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Er...this needs a push, anyone who objects to a 'move along' let me know and I will backtrack. I am speaking for a party member or two merely to get things going, my apologies for anyone who objects.

IG

Whispers and shadows play within Cambrech's mind...whispers of identity, hints of he-who-lives-here. The Sword spoke inside his mind, telling of it's Enemy, the Mage who kept it improsoned for so long withing the vault...South, south and east, to the City of Hagrall, that is where it wanted him to go. There would he be able to see who this vestegene was, or at least find a trace of him.

Cambrech mused silently to himself. Hagrall...he knew that name.Then, out loud 'Hagrall...hmmm.'

Vorath's head snapped his way 'Hagrall? That name means something...yes, yes. Hagrall is the Free City where a dragon holds sway,it is said. Many opportunities there. Allies, weapons,information...'
Vorath knew the way. The City was not too distant, twenty miles perhaps,maybe twenty five. A few days trek through the back ways, perhaps even possible was the employ of the Fishmen of the River. there was a Ku-Toa outpost not too far, and a river that would cut the journey by half as far as land travel went...

rangerjohn

Explorer
Uriel said:
OoC:Er...this needs a push, anyone who objects to a 'move along' let me know and I will backtrack. I am speaking for a party member or two merely to get things going, my apologies for anyone who objects.

IG

Whispers and shadows play within Cambrech's mind...whispers of identity, hints of he-who-lives-here. The Sword spoke inside his mind, telling of it's Enemy, the Mage who kept it improsoned for so long withing the vault...South, south and east, to the City of Hagrall, that is where it wanted him to go. There would he be able to see who this vestegene was, or at least find a trace of him.

Cambrech mused silently to himself. Hagrall...he knew that name.Then, out loud 'Hagrall...hmmm.'

Vorath's head snapped his way 'Hagrall? That name means something...yes, yes. Hagrall is the Free City where a dragon holds sway,it is said. Many opportunities there. Allies, weapons,information...'
Vorath knew the way. The City was not too distant, twenty miles perhaps,maybe twenty five. A few days trek through the back ways, perhaps even possible was the employ of the Fishmen of the River. there was a Ku-Toa outpost not too far, and a river that would cut the journey by half as far as land travel went...

"Take this for what its worth. But that is the suggested destinatiton of my new companion. Although, from what Vorath says, it may be worthwhile, on its own." Cambrech muses.

Vendetta

First Post
Vorath moves ahead of the group to lead the way through passages familiar. He stretches out his senses searching for the slightest sound, the tinest movement or the mildest of tremors. Something inside of him told him this would be a course both dangerous and yet bring him closer to his vengeance.

Remove ads