• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UaVS-Yrtchull's Return...

Festy_Dog

First Post
Grolvus nods, and follows Vorath, assisting with the scouting.

"So Vorath, what's your part in all this? I have a feeling that neither of your parents was a beetle, I take it you're in the same boat as the orc in that respect?" he asks.

Vendetta

First Post
Vorath turns to Grolvus, his multi-facited, unblinking eyes, his chitinous face, all hiding the emotions raging within him at the question. Before all of this had happened to him, he would have flown off of the handle, maybe even drawn his bow on Grolvus... but the one advantage in his... change... was a calmer version of himself. Emotions didn't seem to sweep him away as much as they used to.

After a moment, he turns back to the path ahead and simply says, Something like that, yes. And scurries up the nearest wall and ahead.

matthewbajda

First Post
Yrtchull looks to Urftuk and says,

" well, what do you think? I personally need to find a city and clean this filth from myself. that is for certain. i am sure we could use the information that is gathered there as well. What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger. come, let's go on"

With that, Yrtchull makes his way with the group. thoughts of what lays ahead weigh heavy on his mind. what of this short sword that has arisen? what sort of plans will it play? what information will be found in Hagrell? that was only a small part in the greater scheme. the main question on Yrtchull's mind was how all this would help in getting back at his sisters...

Festy_Dog

First Post
Grolvus nods at Vorath's response, unawares of the emotions it roused within the dwarf.

"Fair enough," he says in response, and follows quietly.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Sorry for the slight delay agin, my mom's health took a downward turn Monday and I have been a bit distracted. She will be OK, which means that the Game shall move forward as planned with a more calm and attentive DM...

Urftuk shrugged at Yrtchull's question, his already orcish brain not exactly enhanced by it's recent reptilian adjustment. Urftuk knew battle...well, that and eating. It sure was nice how these new fangs helped combing the two in ways that hs old tusks never did before.

Cambrech's sword is silent, save for a soft purr of contentment when the party sets foot upon the trail that will lead to Hagrell. Cambrech sensed a contentment in the blade, as if plans were being set forth in some machination.
Drowmade the blade surely was, as it projected the very essence of a dark Elf in it's thougts and moods.

It doesn't take Vorath long to locate a path through one of the smaller tunnels, one that he feels will lead towards the destination desired. It is almost as if he had trod this path before, though that couldn't have been true, could it? Regardless, the Bug-Dwarf found that they seemed to be on the right track.

Grolvus knew from his Maps (taking the Liberty of borrowing them from House Ferach when they fled) that Hagrell could indeed be reached from a nearby river, should the Dwarf know a way to get there. The River passed within 5 miles of the Free-City in fact, and should be an easy trek.

Soon enough, the sound of water can be heard, and Grolvus,Wesellu and Arngen are all reminded of anothwer trip not so long ago, when treacherous Fish-Men and a Troll chose to oppose them. This time, on a different river, the band was much stronger, with allies brought together out of a genuine desire to better themselves, not some whim of a mad Matron.

Ahead, all can see the outline of a cave mouth leading into a fungus-lit cavern. The tunnel opens upon a medium sized expanse of mushroom treesand crystal formations. A mere 30 feet ahead and all will be in the open once more. Somewhere past the foliage and rock formations, a river can be heard, as well as the shrieks of the wildlife that such a water source brings to it; bats, giant frogs and the occassional hiss of something else. Urftuk moves to yrtchull and says ' Urftuk smell smoke. There is fire and meat cooking. Beyond trees...'

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Another river, fun fun fun.

Grolvus says subtley to Arngen, utilising Drow Silent. With that he checks a map again, and carefully proceeds forward with his scouting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads