• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ugly Half-Orc Backstory

SuperJosh

First Post
Heh, the last 1/2 orc I ran was actually the product of 2 1/2 orcs making 1/2 orc whoopee. He came from a very stable (if secluded) household where his father taught him the rangering ways until he was old enough to go out in the world on his own.

Craziness ensued.

Stormtalon

First Post
If you go to Frederik KT Anderssen's gallery over at Elfwood, one of his illustrations there has an.... alternate take on what might lead up to a half-orc. Note that it's pretty much NSFW (let's say R-rated) -- I forget the title of it, but the thumbnail shows 2 figures leaping at a third from above.

It's potentially less-ugly than the normal scenario -- depending on how willing the orc himself ends up being....

Maximillian

First Post
DandD said:
What does that have to do with 4th edition, however?

I don't know the source, but I keep hearing that the 1/2 orc didn't make it into the new PH because of the "implied ugly backstory." I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Rich Burlew is making fun of right now.

Boarstorm

First Post
Maximillian said:
I don't know the source, but I keep hearing that the 1/2 orc didn't make it into the new PH because of the "implied ugly backstory." I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Rich Burlew is making fun of right now.

Not to mention the 1st few panels referencing their old Bull God. Making sacred hamburgers, anyone?

Remove ads