• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UI bar at the top

Obryn

Hero
I like it; I think it's pretty great, myself. I like keeping notifications front and center rather than having to scroll.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The weird obscuring behaviour is not intentional. It's an unexpected bug.

Duplicate notification controls will be fixed. It's because some of our old notifications are from mods whose functionality is now core. Needs some cleaning up.

The bar takes up about 10% of the footprint of the previous header area, which took up the entire screen on smaller screens.

Links you don't need you don't have to click on. There's lots of things around here that I don't use, too. :)

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There's a space between the notifications "bell" and my icon & name that sometimes flashes some lights at me. What is that about?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a space between the notifications "bell" and my icon & name that sometimes flashes some lights at me. What is that about?

No idea! It's not supposed to flash lights at you. Can you post a screenshot? What browser, etc., are you using?

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I also kinda dislike that I can't click "open in new tag" when I get notifications. I'm used to clicking on notifications, opening different threads in new windows, and looking at them one by one. Can't do that now. Not sure if that's a bug or just a new "feature" with the new layout.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I also kinda dislike that I can't click "open in new tag" when I get notifications. I'm used to clicking on notifications, opening different threads in new windows, and looking at them one by one. Can't do that now. Not sure if that's a bug or just a new "feature" with the new layout.

I can do that just fine; in fact I just did to get to this thread. Make sure you're clicking on the actual link in each notification.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I think it means the toolbar is loading updates (say for notifications). Just speculating.
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] It's just a couple of white bars that kind of flutter next to the notification bell every now and then, very quickly IME.

It is weird and kind of distracting.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it means the toolbar is loading updates (say for notifications). Just speculating.

@Morrus It's just a couple of white bars that kind of flutter next to the notification bell every now and then, very quickly IME.

It is weird and kind of distracting.

Ah, gotcha. It's just the loading updates thing, as you say. It's currently set to check every 60 seconds or so, I believe.

Remove ads