UI bar at the top

Tovec

Explorer
For anyone else who cares, you can use AdBlock's "Element Hiding Rules" to stop the floating bar at the top. Use the filter: enworld.org###multix You can then check your notifications by visiting your personal profile page.

My only problem now is that I used to disable AdBlock on ENWorld so that the site still got my advertising views/clicks. Turning the element hider on also turns on the ad blocking. I'll have to do some more testing later to see if there's a way to hide elements but allow ads through.

Perhaps I'm too inexperienced and unfamiliar with the Adblock system. I have it enabled but can't seem to find and properly change the element you are talking about.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I find the new bar is there sometimes and not others, but I haven't figured out what the pattern to such behaviour is, if any.

My question is more that I have no idea what some of the icons (e.g. the bell, the coffee cup) are supposed to mean - and I don't want to click on them to find out as who knows where I'll end up. :)

Lanefan

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My question is more that I have no idea what some of the icons (e.g. the bell, the coffee cup) are supposed to mean - and I don't want to click on them to find out as who knows where I'll end up. :)

Well, that's quite the insurmountable problem. I assure you an icon can't transport you to Oz or anything.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Haven't heard any update on if the floating bar is going to stay or not, so I'll be using AdBlock for now, I guess. Will alter it if things change.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Haven't heard any update on if the floating bar is going to stay or not, so I'll be using AdBlock for now, I guess. Will alter it if things change.

Were you expecting an update? Yes, it's staying. Enjoy adblock! I've added a link in the navbar to login and and your profile so you're not crippled by hiding it.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Were you expecting an update? Yes, it's staying.
In post #29, I wrote: "So wait, is the floating behavior going to go away when you guys get time (which I don't mind), or is it the new norm? Just want to know if I should deal with it myself on my side or wait for it to be resolved."

So, yeah, I was kind of expecting an update. I stopped expecting one when you replied to other people but not my post. Thus my new post.
Enjoy adblock!
Already am.

Remove ads