UI bar at the top

MarkB

Legend
One very minor request: Could you either remove the "Top" button from the bottom of forum pages, or restore its functionality?

I know there's a "top of page" icon on the new UI bar, but I still try to click the one at the bottom of the page (purely muscle memory at this point) and feel disconcerted when nothing happens.

adamc

First Post
Is there a setting that can auto hide it, like with the windows bar?

This might not be exactly what you want, but if you use the Stylish plugin you can achieve something like that with
Code:
@-moz-document domain('enworld.org'){
    #multix{
        top: -45px;
    }
    #multix:hover {
        top: 0px;
    }
}

Or, if you want it to completely vanish, you could go with the code I showed before, that changes the opacity.

I don't care much for the current implementation, but it isn't hard to adjust.

darjr

I crit!
I think I'll try a few of these. wonder how I could make an option to make the bar stick and scroll, and it auto hide at the moment, if Russ likes the ideaa

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think I'll try a few of these. wonder how I could make an option to make the bar stick and scroll, and it auto hide at the moment, if Russ likes the ideaa

The developer is actually working on an upgrade to fix several issues, so I'd hold off.

adamc

First Post
That's good to know. The developer will have more options available than mere styling. (With greasemonkey, we could too, but... I prefer to try to minimize changes to pages, since they will often break when the page changes.)

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Hmmm? Nowhere. It's still there

Not for me. It used to be on the top right side under my settings or whatever it was called. One click and I was there. Now I can't find it anymore.

Also just noticed, once you click on the bell symbol, it does not matter how many more unread stuff you have, it won't show an alert anymore. Which is kind of bad as I will then forget to read stuff. It also shows every reply to a thread and not just what is directed at me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not for me. It used to be on the top right side under my settings or whatever it was called. One click and I was there. Now I can't find it anymore.

Also just noticed, once you click on the bell symbol, it does not matter how many more unread stuff you have, it won't show an alert anymore. Which is kind of bad as I will then forget to read stuff. It also shows every reply to a thread and not just what is directed at me.

It's in your profile drop down.

And control notification behaviour with the settings link in the drop down notification box.

It's all there. Just gotta look at it! :)

Tovec

Explorer
For me its not a huge deal. It doesn't take up as much real estate and its a little annoying - so I'm going to see if I can alter it in some way.

But the real issue that bugs me is that it lops off the beginning of a reply when I go to first unread or last post. I do this rather a lot and I have to keep scrolling up to catch the first few lines of a reply each and every time I hit that first new post button. Is there any plans on fixing that particular bug?

Whether or not there is will definitely affect if I'll end up going through the effort of disabling the entire bar. It is such a minor thing but one that bugs me to no end each time I go to read the many threads on this forum.

EDIT: Just finished this post and as soon as I posted it I realized that what I immediately see is "But the real.." and not "For me.." and not even counting the things like "Today at [time]" and Post #whatever. Or my name, and things that can be clicked via my name. Gaah, annoying.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
For me its not a huge deal. It doesn't take up as much real estate and its a little annoying - so I'm going to see if I can alter it in some way.

But the real issue that bugs me is that it lops off the beginning of a reply when I go to first unread or last post. I do this rather a lot and I have to keep scrolling up to catch the first few lines of a reply each and every time I hit that first new post button. Is there any plans on fixing that particular bug?

Whether or not there is will definitely affect if I'll end up going through the effort of disabling the entire bar. It is such a minor thing but one that bugs me to no end each time I go to read the many threads on this forum.

EDIT: Just finished this post and as soon as I posted it I realized that what I immediately see is "But the real.." and not "For me.." and not even counting the things like "Today at [time]" and Post #whatever. Or my name, and things that can be clicked via my name. Gaah, annoying.

What [MENTION=95493]Tovec[/MENTION] is saying is my concern also. The covering up of the first 3 or 4 lines of a post when going to first unread etc...

Remove ads