Ultimate Power (withdrawn)

Velmont

First Post
What bugs me it isn't that if a judge have it or not, but if a master have it or not. Powers are the essence of thecharacter, and if a master doesn't have the rule to handle it, it might get his job more difficult, that's why I suggest to build powers from the main book is better, even if it asks a bit more work to write it down.

Salix

First Post
Ithink the big thing it does is give you guidance for creating new powers. In that case the powers should go through the proposal approval process anyway. It's a useful book. In six months let's look at some of the house rules that H4H has proposed and decide on what we are going to include. The judges have a backlog of proposals to vote on. I'd like to clear some of them out if we can.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
So, is this book being used for the LS game? My current character proposal write-up contains a Power Feat taken from it (and I posted a new thread here to see if it'd be okayed).

Salix

First Post
So...we going to incorporate this thing in its entirety, or keep putting out proposals from it. If we keep doing proposals let's withdraw this.

hero4hire

Explorer
How many of the Judges own it now? I obviously do.
It would be easier to incorporate the whole thing and propose to exclude rules.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
How many of the Judges own it now? I obviously do.
It would be easier to incorporate the whole thing and propose to exclude rules.
That's a bad idea--we want players who don't have it to at least know the names of the things we are including from an outside source so that they can know to ask someone else about it for their characters. Otherwise we are unduly penalising them for not having UP. It doesn't have to be anything extensive--just a list of the names of powers should suffice to propose all the powers (people should be able to tell by the name if its something about which they need to ask)

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
That's a bad idea--we want players who don't have it to at least know the names of the things we are including from an outside source so that they can know to ask someone else about it for their characters. Otherwise we are unduly penalising them for not having UP. It doesn't have to be anything extensive--just a list of the names of powers should suffice to propose all the powers (people should be able to tell by the name if its something about which they need to ask)
I agree

Hand of Vecna

First Post
My vote would be along the lines of "Sorta -- most everything from it is okay, but since we don't want to require everyone interested in playing in the LS-verse to buy it, we still require things from it be Proposed on a case-by-case basis."

Remove ads