Ultimate Power (withdrawn)

hero4hire

Explorer
So paraphrasing ok...quoting BAD! Got it!

I suggest then if there is a rule we want we paraphrase it and maybe send the entire thing to the Judges privately. The general public can get the gist and the Judges xcan make an informed decision.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
So paraphrasing ok...quoting BAD! Got it!

I suggest then if there is a rule we want we paraphrase it and maybe send the entire thing to the Judges privately. The general public can get the gist and the Judges xcan make an informed decision.
I think that's really a bad idea--it makes the living world one step less accessible to newcomers and some of the rules difficult to understand for players and GMs who want to do their best but don't have the book.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
I think that's really a bad idea--it makes the living world one step less accessible to newcomers and some of the rules difficult to understand for players and GMs who want to do their best but don't have the book.

Okay how is this handled with Living Enworld and say the Psionics Handbook?

Psion cant be posted but I see people are playing them. It is likely many newcomers dont have the Psionics Handbook so what is the protocol that has been established handling this?

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
Okay how is this handled with Living Enworld and say the Psionics Handbook?

Psion cant be posted but I see people are playing them. It is likely many newcomers dont have the Psionics Handbook so what is the protocol that has been established handling this?
Not quite ;) Psion

hero4hire

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:

Hmmmmm. I am kind of shocked that is allowed on the net. But what do I know.

Okay bad example then... So how does LEW use new rules w/o getting into legal issues and can that be applied here at LS?

El Jefe

First Post
hero4hire said:
Okay bad example then... So how does LEW use new rules w/o getting into legal issues and can that be applied here at LS?
All of LEW is either open source content or house rule. Things are much more difficult here.

Velmont

First Post
As a judge, I cannot pronounce myself on a book content I havn't read yet. I don't even have the book. But it is true that Psionic rules is open source, but all Green Ronin is not.

I would see that we can follow the sme logic than Living Eberron, which is a book cannot be approved before it has been relase for at least 6 moth, to allow must people to have a chance to know that book exist, take a look at it, buy it, and try it. Personnaly, I just learn that book existed with this thread... :heh:

Raylis

First Post
What's the ruling on using Ultimate Power? Can we take powers from there or is it case by case basis? I was thinking of building my PL 8 around the reflection power, wanted to know if that would be kosher or not.

hero4hire

Explorer
Case by case....

Do you mean Reflection Field?

Basically you can build the power using Core Book components. In this case start with the Deflect Power and add the extras needed to make it Reflection Field.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Raylis said:
What's the ruling on using Ultimate Power? Can we take powers from there or is it case by case basis? I was thinking of building my PL 8 around the reflection power, wanted to know if that would be kosher or not.
As of now, the answer is no. Frankly, since LS is already having trouble with enough people to play with just the core book, adding another book may not be the best idea.

Remove ads