Ultimate Power (withdrawn)

hero4hire

Explorer
Yes, the power was printed in some PDFs as a preview for Mastermind's Manual.

It IS also in Ultimate Power, but most powers are.

Some things I would institute from UP would be some price changes (Aura Extra, Disintegration, etc). Rules for Targeted Area. (One roll to hit to affect all targets in area) Containers (A progression of Alternate Form where you have a bunch of Powers that go together as ONE power) some premade Powers (remember the whole Memory Absorption debate? well The power is in there!)

Salix

First Post
Velmont said:
My guess, it is, you can't post it... hey, after all, they need to sell books.
My guess too. I'd like to know what we can and can't do though. Noone is profiting from putting some of the content in a post on the web. It's not like someone is going to not buy the book and just refer to our humble thread. It's not too different from a face to face game where everyone shares the sourcebooks. That said they are a business. My guess is that they would break even here from people who will buy or not buy the book. Some won't buy it because they will just follow the rules put forward, some will get curious enough to buy it to tweak their characters with the new powers.

hero4hire

Explorer
well either way it was a good buy

I'd recommend it. Though I disagreed with the ruling in the book Space Flight couldnt be an AP of Flight.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
well either way it was a good buy

I'd recommend it. Though I disagreed with the ruling in the book Space Flight couldnt be an AP of Flight.
I can agree with that, really--if you have Super Movement forms that nobody would ever use together allowable all as APs, then you basically make all the secondary movements as just a power feat. I think the problem may be based on the fact that while AP is a very wise move overall in balancing the cost of multiple attack powers, for pretty much anything else, the cost of 1 point is abusably low.

hero4hire

Explorer
Salix said:
I'll definitely buy it.

The biggest drawbacks about it are..

1) It made me want to make a whole bunch of new characters

2) Not a LOT of people have it yet so when trying to use the book in various ways one gets stymied.

3) Wanting to compare and pick apart previous builds that used the core rules.

4) Did I mention I made bunches of characters?

Salix

First Post
Here is the latest from ATT.

My post said:
Salix wrote:
We only require our players at Enworld Living Superheroes http://www.enworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=249 to have the core rulebook. Some of us have the other books, but others don't. If we want to add in new content, we put in a proposal and vote on it. To discuss new content from the Mastermind's Manual or Ultimate Power, we would have to post it on the net. How legit is that? Are we headed for trouble with Green Ronin? Here is some of the content one of our players is interested in at least proposing.

Quote:

Some things I would institute from UP would be some price changes (Aura Extra, Disintegration, etc).

Rules for Targeted Area. (One roll to hit to affect all targets in area)

Containers (A progression of Alternate Form where you have a bunch of Powers that go together as ONE power)

some premade Powers (remember the whole Memory Absorption debate? well The power is in there!)

As you can see there is a pretty large amount of stuff that we would want to at least propose to use. Who do we ask for permission, and what is the policy on this. Thanks for any advice. I think this material will improve our games.

Response by one of the moderators said:
The official guideline currently is you can quote up to 2 sentences of text and otherwise you should paraphrase when posting game mechanics online. If you want to post more technical information than that then I'd say you definately need permission from Green Ronin.

Remove ads