Ultimate Power (withdrawn)

Velmont

First Post
I agree with RA, but many effects of the core book can be modified with extra, flaws and power feat to get near teh new powers in teh Ultimate Power book. Also, we are open to proposal, so if a power is not close enough, you might do a submission for an extra or flaw to it so you can get something nearer. Just note you can't just copy/paste a part of teh book, as it isn't open content.

Raylis

First Post
hero4hire said:
Case by case....

Do you mean Reflection Field?

Basically you can build the power using Core Book components. In this case start with the Deflect Power and add the extras needed to make it Reflection Field.

Yes, I had meant Reflections field.

The original idea was Deflect but for some reason couldn't find it in the core book when I was looking earlier :heh:

thanks for the quick responces.

Last edited:

Damion

First Post
Pretty much the only new power in UP is Probability Control. (And that has been posted before). Most of the book pretty good, although it had minor wackyness.

hero4hire said:
well either way it was a good buy

I'd recommend it. Though I disagreed with the ruling in the book Space Flight couldnt be an AP of Flight.

I would agree that this was stupid. If nothing else, it doesn't really prevent people from just APing it off of something else.

Personally, I don't see much point in making spaceships cost alot. :)

Affects Objects was also kinda silly.

Salix

First Post
I contacted Green Ronin several times, but was blown off (several times). I've heard someone say that silence is often a timid no in these cases. Alter things just enough and quote very little (within their guidelines). That's my take.

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, I think, particularly since we have a judge who has it, I don't see why we can't accept it, and players will simply have to make sure their GMs are aware of what they can do, which is probably a good thing anyway.

Salix

First Post
At least two judges have it (I picked it up a few months ago). ;) although I don't do character approval. Seems like you guys would have to have it.

hero4hire

Explorer
Salix said:
At least two judges have it (I picked it up a few months ago). ;) although I don't do character approval. Seems like you guys would have to have it.

It would actually make character approval a bit easier for me since I can reference my PDF of it at work or home and dont always have the corebook handy.

Malthusian

First Post
I just got it last week. Haven't had a chance to really dig into it, but I'm looking forward to using it for a few characters.

There's a few things in it I had considered for my Living Supers PL8 character, but I'll try to build that character with the powers from the Corebook first.

Master Pelle

First Post
I self have recently bought the book yesterday and I find some new characters and villian idea from it.

After I have reading it, I have the urge to make silly powers.

I think that you can only used the powers from the core book and used UP as guide to making your character. But that are some powers that don't real exist in core book like, skill checks flaws, true sight feat and so on.

Remove ads