Ultimate SECRET WAR "Issue #1, the WAR Begins"

Kevin Perrine

First Post
A mysterious summons will whisk them to the end of the universe,
where they will hear the command of the ONE FROM BEYOND.
Earth’s greatest heroes will be selected to battle a host of their world’s
most vile villains and deadliest foes. On a strange planet created for the battle,
they will fight not only for their lives, but for the fate of the entire galaxy…
For if they do not
D…O…O…M!!!

this is the ultimate
SECRET WARS

And this is their story…
This thread is for IN-CHARACTER posts for the Mutants and Masterminds game system, the Ultimate SECRET WARS. Both players and onlookers may post any out of character comments in the OOC thread, please keep this thread free of non-game posts.
Thanks!

Issue #0, IN-CHARACTER posts can be made here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1631581#post1631581
Issue #1, IN-CHARACTER posts can be made here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97478
OUT-OF-CHARACTER posts can be made here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92046
If you need to contact me privately:
kperrine@aii.edu

I hope you enjoy the game!
-kevin perrine-

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Introduction to the Secret Wars

"We will chase our enemies to the furthest corners of this Earth.
It must be war without quarter, pursuit without rest,
victory without qualification."
--Rep. Tom Delay majority whip,
US House of Representatives

Secret Wars
Issue #1 “the WAR Begins”

EARTH…
Central Park
New York City, NY
11:30PM [local time]
2004…

They find themselves drawn to the massive titanic construct – try as they might, with all their might, to resist. And once they are within the gate they vanish – from the Earth, from reality as they know it – perhaps never to return!!

And then, one frantic moment later… an awesome display of brilliance, and the Earth's Mighties Heroes are transferred to a galaxy far behind our pretty little universe. The greatest most incredible adventure of all time has begun (again)… and their lives will never be the same!!

[Stand Straight True Believers, this is it...
What we've all been waiting for. From this moment on, the world will not be the same. The Greatest Heroes ever assembled will do battle with their most vile foes... For the victor... Their greatest desires!
Now please, for heaven's sake sit back in your chair, take a long deep breath and immerse yourselves...
As you peel open the pages of ISSUE #1 to what will become known as the Ultimate Secret Wars - know this... You are but one of nineteen brave souls to step to the gauntlet!
Take a moment to imagine the pulpy paper, the vivid colors, the excitement you had with your first foray into the Mighty Marvel Bullpen... We can only hope to live up to that wonderous standard. Good luck and hopefully we will see you again at War's End!]

New York, New York - the town SO nice they named it twice!
The rain has all but stopped now.
Good news to the city-lovers... Such a nice night for a walk in the park...
IF THE PARK WERE THERE!!

[Looking down from Cloud's-eye view we can see Manhattan Island spread across the pages, following the opening credits to this issue. But it as if Manhattan has be victim of the removal of a large sore. The entirety of Central Park, and many of the street blocks surrounding are GONE!
Helicopters - S.H.I.E.L.D., News and Police circle the area, tragedy has struck the greatest city on Earth AGAIN... but this time, this time it's greatest heroes were on scene to protect her.
But even now they are gone...]

In the distant reaches of the universe, far far from planet Earth, an uninhabitied spiral galaxy turns its everlasting pirouette in magnificent splendor unseen by living eyes…

Spiderman, Xavier, Daredevil - sensed it.
Fantastic Four and the Ultimates instruments register the presence of something …out there…

CNN Live News
Broadway, Manhattan,
NYC, New York
Wolf Blitzer reporting...

"...there you have it America, all of Central Park has seemingly been uprooted as if by some great hand of god... We can only speculate as to..."

The news report continues and none know the fate of our Heroes.
save one

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
[forming the shape of the first panel in our issue is the long slender form of the bald, large headed alien with big white pupiless eyes... as he speaks to the reader]
"I am Uatu the Watcher…
My duty is to observe their world, and a thousand of its kindred, hanging gemlike in the lunar sky. The world is home to millions of men: well-intended or evil, craven or valiant. Each of these worlds has its own outstanding few, those who have been immortalized by the One from Beyond…
This Beyonder chose these favored few – hero and villain, to take part in his contest of champions, his “Secret War”. "

A DISTANT GALAXY
In the distant reaches of the universe,
far far from planet Earth,
an uninhabitied spiral galaxy turns its everlasting pirouette in magnificent splendor unseen by living eyes…
…Until suddenly…
Stan Lee wishes he could present:
The ULTIMATE Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS

STONEHENGE CONSTRUCTS ADRIFT
The Device caused the sub-atomic particle dissociation, reducing travelers to proto-matter storing it within the matrix until teleporting to this pre-set coordinates, reassembling in this self generated life support environment.

Heads up at 4 o’clock high, at least two miles away,
a twin construct floats adrift.
The aura of evil within the construct can be sensed by those such as the Amazing Spiderman and Professor Charles Xavier. IronMan's datalink has been severed and his ties to the earthly constellation is void. Mr. Fantastic and other star gazers can see that they are lost within the cosmos!!
Adrift...

Around you stand many of Earth's Greatest powers, some would call them heroes, others vigilantee, others still criminals...

Earth's Mightiest, The ULTIMATES
- General Nick Fury
- Captain America
- Thor
- Hawkeye
- Iron Man
- Quicksilver
- Namor
- Dr. Bruce Banner

the Imaginauts, FANTASTIC FOUR
- Mr. Fantastic
- the Thing
- Invisible Girl
- She-Hulk

the Notorious, X-MEN
- Professor Charles Xavier (kneeling with cane)
- Nightcrawler
- Colossus
- Rogue
- Wolverine
- Angel
- Storm

the Vigilantees of New York
- Spiderman
- Daredevil

and finally -
a lone figure stands to the back of the crowd... his head cloaked in darkness, the sound of metal twists...........

[EVERYONE... what do you do hero's?? Please roleplay amongst yourselves, form a plan, etc... I'll inform you and answer any questions you may have when you do actions or question others...]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Quicksilver starts to obeserve around him. he looks what is this place. He takes a lot of time to analyze what have just happen, but he don't seems to figure it out at all. All he sees, it is more than half of the protection of New York that are gone from the city and are now here and that's make him think that the Brotherhood will have some easy time. After he has imagine what could happen down in New York, after all that analysis (which must have taken about 3 seconds of real time for everyone else) he talk into his headphone:

"Fury? Was it you who organize this surprise party for all the defender of America, because if it was you, I must tell you that you forgot my sister, and she won't like that to learn you didn't invite her... and I don't even think about Black Widow."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Wolverine - (Logan), unhurt [X-MEN]

"Well . . . this just ain't natural . . . " Logan muttered quietly. His senses reached out to try and ground themselves. He looked around at his companions, happy that Summers wasn't with them. He wasn't certain how to feel when he didn't see Jean there - happy that she was safe, or unhappy that she wasn't here . . . with him.

Seeing the others 'heroes' around, Logan flexed his forearms and was accompanied bythe now familiar sound of "Snikt" as his claws extended.

"We got company, bub," Wolverine commented.

DanMcS

Explorer
Hawkeye- The Ultimates- a galaxy far, far away

Hawkeye finds himself plucked from his perch on the church in New York, standing amongst friends, allies, and assorted notables. His sharp eyes scan the area, and he checks for his weapons reflexively.

"Chopper 1, come in... Chopper 2... Triskelion HQ, do you read me... Widow, answer me, dammit!" Panic creeps into his voice, and he gives up the futile effort.

"Cap, what's going on, man? This some kind of psychic trip? Xavier did it to us once before... But all the muties are here, too. Maybe they know what's going on."

DralonXitz

First Post
As the one known as Daredevil opens his eyes, he looks around, finding himself in a strange place he had never been before. He didn't know what was going on, and what all these people were doing here.

This certainly isin't Central Park...

As Matt regains his composure, he glances over at the mass of lively garbed heroes and breathes deeply, knowing that something major was about to happen.

She-Hulk

Spying the duplicate structure floating in the sky, and then sizing up the crowd around her She-Hulk comments, "If we're all good guys over here, I don't really want to guess what's over there... Reed, Bruce? Do you guys have any idea where we are and how to get back to New York?"

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
namor-logo.jpg

Standing with the Ultimates, Namor looks around to see the range of supers gathered in this unknown, alien place. The Crown Prince of Atlantis cocks a high-arched eyebrow when he sees those he does not recognize.

NAMOR
I am pleased that we have not been obliterated. It is obvious we have been transported from Earth, but to where?​

Looking around, he spies the X-Men, whom he knows only by their reputation (and not a great one at that), and Spider-Man, who has been named both the hero of the people and its nemesis. Knowing little of the red-suited fellow, Namor moves on.

But the Fantastic Four... Namor was quite familiar with them. One particularly so.

NAMOR
A power of some significance must have brought us here. But why together, and why with these... people?​

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Thor - Ultimates

Thor looks around at the assembled "heros" and tries to remember who they all are.

Some he knows and others he doesn't but he has heard of all of them at one time or another, the X-men in particular, he isn't sure that he would call them heros...

"Well Cap, what are your orders?" He asks as he tries to get a better look at the lone figure standing in the shadows.

Remove ads