• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Thunderbolts - IC

Dayspire

Explorer
The Professional

Once you're sure that Carla is gone, you head to the bathroom to inspect whatever it is she planted on you. With the water running to mask any sound you may be making, you reach behind you and pry it off of you neck.

It looks like a small silver... dot. Just slightly thicker than a piece of paper, and about the diameter of a pencil eraser. It is definitely metallic. One side appears coated with a dab of adhesive. As you're examining it, you realize that the adhesive has a slight numbing effect. It's surprising you noticed her place it. You're not entirely sure what it is - but she probably didn't plant it on you for fun.

* Knowledge (Technology): 1d20+3=12 (Used untrained via Jack of All Trades)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Professional

Anthony ran through a list of contacts that he knew, wondering if any of them would be able to help with the thing. If he didn't think of anyone, Anthony decided he was going to remove it himself with a pair of tweezers.

Dayspire

Explorer
The Professional

Thinking quickly, you go through a mental list of some associates with technical know-how. The list is dismal.

Kyle Merch? Serving 10 for fraud.
Micro? Supposedly died last year, bullet to the brain.
Abner Jenkins? Missing, no one's seen him since '03.
Norton Ebersol? Don't know him too well, not sure how to get ahold of him.
Stark? Yeah, right.

You look at yourself in the mirror and don't see any answers there, either. With a shrug, you grab a pair of tweezers and grab the dot with no fanfare. It comes off without effort, and nothing really happens. No lights, no sounds, no... explosions. All you're left with is a small silver dot and a mystery.

Oh yeah, and a meeting with some german fellow about a long-term job...

...Who knows, maybe one of them has some technical knowledge?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Professional

'Well . . . that was anticlimatic, but in a good way, Anthony thought. 'Who knows, if everything works out, maybe I'll be able to find some associates with technical know-how, that aren't dead . . . .'

Anthony kept the dot close, and took a shower. He watched television, especially Jackie Chan movies . . . 'Love that guy' Tony thought. When it was getting close to time to go, Anthony grabbed his gear and put it in a seabag, and tossed on some fatigues and a black t-shirt. To complete the ensemble, Tony gathered up his i-pod and head phones. He put the dot on a piece of tape and stuck it to the head phones, placing it a distance away from the ear piece as if it were on his neck.

Anthony headed out to the meeting point over a half-hour early, but asked the cabbie to drop him a couple of blocks before the place. In the cab, along the way, Anthony played the i-pod music, but without the headset on his ears, just hanging on his neck.

Gideon

First Post
Fracture; 1 HP

Walking over to Callisto, Fracture quickly grabs her in a big bear hug.

"You know I can't stay with you mom. Our people don't need a lard ass to give them trouble. And you stay out of his way too." Deckard smiled reassuringly down at Callisto.

She could feel the tremor of anger that ran through Deckard's body.

"At least until he's dead." All of the kindness that his voice had held was lost, replaced by a cold statement of brutal fact.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Twister

South Street Seaport, New York
Industrial Area
September 12th, 2005 7:21 pm

SHIELD. They seem to have their hands in everything. I wonder if this is some scheme of theirs. I don't know if Fury would set up a second team, Nahh. I'm just getting my hopes up. Someone is putting some work into this place, though. Doesn't look to bad, either. Maybe this gig will pan out and turn into something real. As long as it's better than that Defenders group. Geeze, whata buncha losers. That was like being at a Star Trek convention for super heroes.

David Cannon took in his surroundings as his thoughts wandered. He would never have admitted it but, the lonely building in the dark, near the harbor, with the smell of the ocean and the freighters, well it felt comfortable. Like he was going to some back door fight or game. It actually took some of the edge off, not that he noticed. He was too focused on what was going on around him, not how he felt. He walked to the door and examined it briefly. He checked to see what kind of handle he was reaching for and if it appeared to be part of any kind of security system. I guess some habits always stick with you. He smiled to himself.

lissilambe

First Post
Kaiju

The young large man watched the cab pull up to the location, the cabbie looking oddly at him, the site, then back at him in turn.

"Twelve dollars, mac," The cabbie said, putting a hand out. Robert handed him a twenty, feeling bad and thinking to himself, I'll pay Mr. Jenkins back, I promise. I had to take it so I could get here, and I'll pay him back.

He left the cab and wandered towards the building, watching with wide eyes, searching and turning about to see it all.

Dayspire

Explorer
All

Twister[sblock]The handle is silver metal, fairly new. It’s easy to separate what was here before, and what has been replaced – anything old is covered in a fine layer of grey dust. You see no visible security system.[/sblock]
Fracture[sblock]Callisto returns the hug, giving almost as good as she’s getting. “Be good, Deck. Remember that before anything else, you’re a mutant. You’ll always be different than them.” She breaks the hug and begins walking away. You watch her disappear around the bend, and never once does she look back. You glance up at the manhole. Just above is Clarington Way, one block from your meeting spot. Time to go to work.

You easily push aside the cover, and see that you’re on a darkened and almost abandoned looking street. No one is around to see you. Sure is an interesting spot to meet.[/sblock]

Entering the warehouse, you see that the front lobby has had some work done as well. A desk with a PC sits here, the screen black and looking as if it has never used. The air is thick with the smell of paint and cleaning fluid. A single door that leads deeper into the warehouse is slightly ajar. You can hear echoing voices, slightly muffled.

Opening the door you can see it is pretty much what it appears to be – a large warehouse. It is essentially one huge room, with small windows set near the ceiling. Here and there are piles of what appear to be new equipment, sitting under plastic tarps. Also on the floor are a variety of cables, most of them snaking from the center of the room, where most of the light is coming from. There you see what at first you take to be a huge hdtv screen. But just below that you see it is in fact connected to a small bank of computers. Lights flash on what you take to be some type of control console, and it’s enough to thrill any techno-geek. Next to the large central screen are other smaller screens, all extraordinarily thin. They are connected (and you assume supported) to the larger screen by some type of thin metal. It almost makes the setup look like a giant web of monitors. Most of the monitors are tuned into various news sources, however you can see some appear to be feeds from live cameras.

Just below the monitors is a smiling man sitting in a leather chair. He is young; perhaps in his mid thirties. As he stands, you can see he moves with grace and appears to be in excellent shape. He would be considered by many to be handsome – and there is something about his face that hints at nobility, and perhaps a bit of pride. His blonde hair is cut almost military short. He is wearing a white sweater and slacks – no costume in sight.

“Welcome.” He extends his hand. His grip, not surprisingly, is strong. “I’d like to wait for the others to arrive, then we’ll get started. I would offer you refreshments, but this isn’t that type of get together.” A smile flickers across his face. His accent is very German, but you suspect he has worked very hard to shed it. He sits back down and turns to the monitors. They begin cycling through various CCTV cameras sources. You see closed banks, schools, malls…

Shortly thereafter the rest of the group arrives one by one. Mr. Clark stands and greets each of you.

“I would like us to get to know each other. If things go as they should, we should be working very close together, yes? Please, let us make introductions as is proper. Then we shall discuss my offer in more… detail.” He motions to the person closest to him to begin.

OOC: Please make your introductions, and if your description differs from above. Also, if you mention your former criminal identity, state what others would have heard of you (crimes you've committed, etc).

Last edited:

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Verdant

Lower Manhattan, New York
Warehouse
September 12th, 2005 8:03 pm

Dayspire said:
“I would like us to get to know each other. If things go as they should, we should be working very close together, yes? Please, let us make introductions as is proper. Then we shall discuss my offer in more… detail.” He motions to the person closest to him to begin.

The first thing that anybody would notice is the hair. It may be short and neat, but it's Green. Anybody who as spent time "inside" would recognise the cut. The neatly trimmed moustache and beard are also green.

"Looks Like I'm up first ..." he states, adressing the assembled group.

"Smithers, Samuel Smithers. Pleased to meet you, gents. Mister Clark. You may have heard of me previously. I used to go by the name Plantman. It's a past I'm not too proud of. When the situation calls for it, I prefer the name Verdant these days."

Smithers is wearing a simple pair of charcoal pants, black leather boots and a white cotton shirt with the sleeves rolled up. A dark grey trenchcoat is hung over his arm.

He surveys the group. Who do we have here ? Whose exploits have I been reading about for the last two years ?

"It looks like Mister Clark here is putting together quite a little team. You all look like you can handle yourselves - especially you." - Smither nods towards the large man with the burished gold skin - "I'm looking forward to hearing what the offer is. Lets get the intorductions out of the way so that MisterClark can get down to brass tacks."

With that, Smither looks around, awaiting the next introduction ...

OOC: Anybody here I recognise ?

-Chris

Remove ads