• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Umm... subscribed threads go buh-bye?

kirinke

First Post
whew. i thought it was something i did....
heheh. not so bad for me.
all of my games i put on my favorite's list for quick reference. :cool:
but still annoying. i have to look up my giant chicken thread again. gah :]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Robbert Raets said:
Well, >BLEEP<!! Do you have any concept of the number of threads I hav- *had* subscribed to?!

I don't know but I use to edit mine down when I had 200* or 300*... :lol:

* Morrus, don't hate me... At the least 80% of them where dead.

FoxWander

Adventurer
Hmm, just noticed this "Eep!"-inducing glitch myself. As has been said though, better that dying than something vital. As I only used it to keep track of nifty threads (never used e-mail notification) I think I'll ease what small burden mine may have caused on the server and just track them via a Word doc full of hyperlinks. No server space and I'll always have a copy should this happen again.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Joshua Randall said:
Morrus - suggest you change the default to "no e-mail notification", which will drastically cut down on pointless e-mail sends.
That's an excellent idea. I know I prefer NOT to get the email notification. I'm used to it this way. So it would greatly reduce the number of emails if people have to specifically request them.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
There is possible a sunny side to it, though -- with these all deleted, switching on email notification again might actually be feasible.

Any chance that the system could automatically remove subscriptions to threads that are more than X days without a reply?
Would that even help?

john
p.s. yeah, mine are gone too.

kirinke

First Post
I still can't resubscribe to my threads! i mean i post they show up in the forum, but they don't show up in subscriptions! :( Could a mod please look at my account and see what's wrong.

Orius

Legend
Joshua Randall said:
Morrus - suggest you change the default to "no e-mail notification", which will drastically cut down on pointless e-mail sends.

Ditto. I always put it to no e-mail, because I don't want to get spammed. Setting it as a default would make things easier for me.

Well, ok I'm lazy too.

Remove ads