Unconfirmed: More Layoffs at WotC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki11erDM

Explorer
If Andy left that makes me, for the first time, think something is a bit off with those guys. That was Andy's dream job so ether the job changed or his dream did. But i have yet to see any official post...

renau1g

First Post
Dreams are good, but they don't pay the bills. Perhaps an offer came by that was too good to pass up from a financial perspective.

ggroy

First Post
If Andy left that makes me, for the first time, think something is a bit off with those guys. That was Andy's dream job so ether the job changed or his dream did. But i have yet to see any official post...

It could be anything at this point, such as low morale in the workplace, management problems, etc ... :uhoh:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It could be anything at this point, such as low morale in the workplace, management problems, etc ... :uhoh:

It could also be knowledge that layoffs were on the way and making the decision to move on his terms - plus saving someone else (who probably gets paid less) from being laid off. I seem to recall there have been other cases of people seeing the writing on the wall and getting out before the WotC layoff hammer came down.

Odd not to be occurring at the end of the year, though. Has WotC laid off at this time of year before?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I find the number of big-name, well-known, and very talented core writers/designers laid off from WotC since 4E came out to be disturbing, and depressing. If they ever lay off Bruce Cordell, I'm boycotting them forever.

With WotC, for their employees, it seems a matter of "when", not "if". The only way to survive seems to be to leave before you're axed. (Although, reportedly, their severence package is generous.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So who are the "big names" left at WotC at the moment? I know Bruce Cordell and Bill Slavicsek are still there.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
:( Add me to the list of bummed. Best of luck in the future to those no longer working there. May you find another job soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads