Unconfirmed: More Layoffs at WotC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasperak

Adventurer
They gave the magazine licenses to Paizo, and that worked out well for them. With the launch of 4E, they wanted to bring those in house and online - and that, too, has worked out well for them.

Did it work out well for them? Since WOTC gave the licenses to Paizo they lost $10-15 per month from me. Paizo gained that money and built up their brand and grew what I would presume to be a profitable business. Just on the magazines that WOTC didn't want in-house anymore. WOTC didn't re-earn my business when they brought the magazines back in-house.

I wonder on the grand scale if WOTC makes more profit on Dragon and Dungeon now than Paizo did when they were the stewards. I guess if there were people that signed up for their online subscription service only for their RPG articles and not edition specific applications (Character/Monster Builder), then you could say that Dragon and Dungeon are successes for them.

/tangent

redboxrazor

First Post
ruemere said:
In reply to Mark Hobo wrote:

Term "lying" might be to strong to use here, however "avoiding factual statements" appears to be appropriate.
It's a common practice and form of brand protection, since being viewed as unsuccessful could damage sales.

Hence use of "tinfoil hat" is not appropriate here.

Regards,
Ruemere

A lie of ommision is still a lie. This very idea is a principled topic in ethics courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads