• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I took a look, thought about it for a while and said "NOPE!" Druid looks cool but lacks group heals. So I started jacking around with ideas and came up with the ultimate book nerd cleric. I just like a few of the druid cantrips. Though he'd probably be more fluffy going wizard. (Astrology sage)

Squirrels are evil!

TallIan

Explorer
So this is what I'm thinking atm.

Probably full of errors as I have been doing it between working today and not proof read it. I've decided to go for a 3/3 starting split as it actually comes up with slightly more damage than 2/4 and I really do need 3 levels of warlock to make the concept work. Also it means I get don't stuck with thirsting blade AND extra attack from fighter for a level.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Just working on my backstory and description. This guy is going to be a right skill monkey. I think his favorite line will be something like.. "I read a book about this once..." He has proficiency in every Int skill and all but 2 wis skills. And he'll be able to temporarily be proficient in any one skill or tool for a short time.

tglassy

Adventurer
Fitz - Nomad Mystic
gargoyle - Knowledge Cleric
tallian - Fighter/Bladelock
Vlad - Ancients Paladin
River Song - Sailer Ranger

Ok, so a few comments. I'm not going to make anyone change anything. I love them all. But you should be aware.

We have a Nomad Mystic and a Knowledge Cleric, which means skills are really, really covered. Both of them can be proficient with everything at one point or another. They both have such different skills that I don't think that they will step on each other's toes, but both of you are going to be "Oh, I can do that!", so you should probably work with each other to know who does what and when.

Second, a Ranger with the Sailor background. I love it. And it will actually come in useful in this campaign, since one portion of the explorable land is the ocean.

You have a Paladin Tank and a Bladelock, who is usually more of a striker but will have tanky capability. A good backup tank, if you will.

Though, if I would make any suggestions, it would be this: be a Tome Lock instead. The reason I say that is because you et proficiency with every weapon with just one level of Fighter, and you have no idea how useful it is to have those Ritual Spells. You are the only Arcane Magic user in the group. We've got three healers (which is insane, but probably good), but no other arcane casters. You're going to miss those utility spells, and the Warlock can learn all of them if they get the Tome. I don't see where you've picked your Invocations, though. Again, I'm not going to make you take it, especially since you're multi-classing, and therefore won't be able to do quite as much as soon with the Tome.

The Mystic is...sort of a replacement Caster? Depending on which Disciplines he takes. Nomads are more for traveling and knowing everything, but you could replace the combat Wizard, especailly if the Warlock takes the Tome instead.

Of course, any of you could take the Ritual Caster feat and become the team's Arcane Ritualist. Rituals are just something I've fallen in love with lately cause of their usefulness.

River Song

Explorer
Good idea, if it comes to it; I am happy to have Doogie take Ritual Caster.

It would require a slight rejig of the character, but I will see how the Arcanists respond before I make the change.

Shayuri

First Post
Fighting undead without arcane AoE effects? Sillies!

(^_^)

I don't know if y'all are still taking players, but I could get a level 6 evoker done in a jiff.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
snip

Though, if I would make any suggestions, it would be this: be a Tome Lock instead. The reason I say that is because you et proficiency with every weapon with just one level of Fighter, and you have no idea how useful it is to have those Ritual Spells. You are the only Arcane Magic user in the group. We've got three healers (which is insane, but probably good), but no other arcane casters. You're going to miss those utility spells, and the Warlock can learn all of them if they get the Tome. I don't see where you've picked your Invocations, though. Again, I'm not going to make you take it, especially since you're multi-classing, and therefore won't be able to do quite as much as soon with the Tome.

snip

I had to fight quite a few instincts to not take tome. I can't argue with you that it is a good option, but I just really fancied playing a blade'lock. Every time I've played a warlock, I've gone for either tome or chain. I could follow riversong's idea of taking ritual caster, or if you are up for allowing Shayuri in all our problem go away :D

If the group really want to have me as a tome'lock I can change, but I fancied something a little different, without it being an "interesting" build.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It's pretty easy to split up my (Nomad Mystic) expertise with 'Goyle's (Knowledge Cleric): If it has to do with the world, planes, or getting from place-to-place, it's my area, if it has to do with people or creatures, or the things made by people (except roads, cities, lairs, and other location-based inventions) it's the Cleric's area.

Remove ads