Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Kurnos advances, but decides he better brings his defences up in case on of the fire hurling undeads decides to target him. Zaroch follows up Logan's attack with a magic missile to the blazing undead. Alek follows Kurnos, but throws his dragon frost to the advancing burning skeleton, managing to connect for the first time in his life.

The weaker skeletons charge into the fray, whooshing with their clumsy weapons, pathetically failing to connect with their targets.

The blazing skeletons take position and fire at the heroes. The ones around the bone abomination miss, but the one on the other side of the chamber that got to shot hits Alek squarely on the chest, setting his cloths alight.

The gargantuan pile of corpses lumbers forward, and extending its giant arms, it attempts to grab Kurnos and Boris. The minoatur's defensive choices pay off, as he shrugs off the attack. Boris as well is unharmed.

[sblock=The Final battle against the Undead Underneath] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] is not posting in a week again... Moving on.
Players act again! You can make a knowledge check to get more info on this monster.

Remember to update your character's HP and surges.

I'm glad you are adding damage correctly, my thanks to you!

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.
What do I mean with that? Let Phoenix8008 explain it to you:
[sblock=Explanation]
Phoenix8008 said:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".
[/sblock]

MAP and COMBAT FINAL BATTLE!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

The skeleton summoning was fluff, forther summoning will occur according to the descriptions in the spreadsheet.

On this link: http://rolz.org/group you type your character name, and in group you type "Underneath the Undeath" so that you join the group. If you click on Room's log, you should be able to see the rolls I made.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] [MENTION=6708548]facusm[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
The pain of Alek's injuries deaden, and Ilse's nearby comrades find it a little easier to get past the defenses of their undead foes, both results of the tiefling's overflowing psychic energies. Ilse herself, however, can't manage to land a hit on any of the skeletons...

OOC: Ilse's allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 power bonus to damage rolls while they are adjacent to her.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Minor: Ardent Surge on Alek. He spends one surge to gain 11 hp (surge 5 + 1d6=6) and +1 attack rolls UENT Ilse. The google sheet says Alek now has 1 surge left, but somehow I don't think that's correct.

Standard: Energizing Strike vs S2 misses AC 11. (1d20+7-1=11)

Minor: Sustain Battleborn Acuity.

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
Bad Dreams (-1 attacks, saves)
Battleborn Acuity

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Personally I wouldn't have used an encounter healing power on Alek, his defenses are lane, he will take that damage in a blink again. You should save it. My 2 cents

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] I am holding my turn, hoping Logan can clear both of those minions next to Boris. I would like to curse the BBEG and go after BS3, hopefully finishing it.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay, the internet is out at my house, and I haven't been anywhere else with a connection long enough to post a turn. I should have some time Wednesday night, if not tomorrow.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] I think we're better off having @BedLlama handle the minions- I can put the big bad out of commission for a round, and he can kill all three minions AND push the big bad out of slowed charge range with Beguiling Strands. @Voda Vosa, if BedLlama doesn't post, please have him move to T7 and attack BA, S1, S2, and S5 with beguiling strands, pushing BA back 3 squares on a hit.

"Zaroch," Logan barks, "we need to get Boris in that big thing's face before it kills somebody! Clear him a path, I'll hold off Ugly!" The swirling torrent of ethereal bats recedes in time for the bone abomination to see Chamber's thrown knife fly toward him. The small blade pierces bone with a crack, and then explodes with a peal of thunder, knocking the thing to the floor and disorienting it completely while ghostly vines bind it in place.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move Swarming Bats 2 squares left
Standard: Clever Shot (Grappling Spirits) HIT BA AC 28 for 11 damage
No Action: Surprise Strike
Result: BA is slowed and dazed and cannot shift USoMNT, and is knocked prone[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4

Powers:Clever Shot, Biting Swarm, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Zaroch's turn:

The shadow mage enters the room and sends a powerful blast of irresistible energy that shatters all of the decrepit skeletons near Boris and knocks their master skidding back across the floor with a roar of frustration and impotent fury

[sblock=Zaroch's Actions] Ok, I am going to just go ahead and NPC Zaroch at this stage. I think we have been patient enough.

Move to T9
Standard: Beguiling Strands Close Blast 5; enemies only:
Wow ... talk about wasting all of my really good rolls ... I bet I roll snake eyes on my own turn ... (19, 16, 20, 19...)
Beguiling Strands vs Will (27 vs BA=Hit) (21 vs S1=Hit) (Crit vs S2 -.- what a waste) (24 vs S5=Hit)
All take 5 psychic dmg and are pushed 5 squares; all minions are obliterated.
Push BA to I-J 10 11
[/sblock]

Boris' Turn:

Boris flinches as miners fly through the air in all directions in a hailstorm of bone shards, causing him to fire off a streak of radiant light high above the head of his intended target. With a curse he charges in at the fiery creature instead, his blade crackling with a lethal combination of arcane and divine energy. He cleaves effortlessly through the skeleton mage's defenses and snuffs its evil light with a single devastating strike, which fills the air with a shower of sparks and burning embers.

"We will cut down your servants before your eyes, evil one. And then we will come to send you back to the hole you crawled from!" he threatens, sweeping his blade about at the blazing skeletons still standing provocatively, and then bringing the point to align with the bone golem that lies dazed upon the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor Action: Curse B3
Minor Action: Crown of Stars sustain atk 11 vs Will=Miss (of course)
Standard: Charge BS3 with Eldritch Strike 32 vs AC 19 is a Critical Hit (yay!) with Bless Weapon:
Max DMG: 1d12+5 +1d6 Bless +1d6 curse +5 vulnerable radiant = 34 dmg (No need to roll 1d12+1d6 for high crit weapon and crit dice I believe!)
Dead!
[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+0 THP) 39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions:
Buffs: Bless Weapon: Crits on 18 -20; +1 power bonus to atk and +1d6 radiant dmg

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge:

Divine Sanction:
Warlock's Curse:

Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 7/7

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride:
Helm of Seven Deaths:
Second Wind

Crown of Stars: Active
Bless Weapon: Active
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths:

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 0/1:
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads