Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
ooc: The idea was to take a rest without sleeping as we didn't need to sleep, just rest up. Would this prevent Ilse from receiving the haunting penalty? Anyway, moving on.

Boris had not slept. He was not sleepy, his body was badly taxed and his energies sapped, but nothing that sitting still in quiet contemplation couldn't fix. As soon as the others were ready Boris stood and boldly lead the way back to the central room, this time taking the correct turn. He had mentally calculated that only two rooms could remain if the map was accurate.

facusm

First Post
Impo stands up and follow this strange group, as he watch very close to each of it`s members. He takes out an old paper, take a fast look at it, and then hide it again inside his clothes.
"so, you know where are you are going?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sorry, I was under the impression that you went for a sleep, as logan did ("With that, Logan lays down and falls asleep instantly."). If anyone wished to remain awake, they can. If Ilse didn't get to sleep whe wouldn't be affected by Bad Dreams.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I don't mind assuming that Ilse, tired from all the fighting, took a short nap during the rest during which she had some bad dreams.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The adventurers follow their own trail and take the right turns to the correct room, much to Impo's amusement. The room is silent like grave, empty of any life or un-life. There was only one possible way out of this room, and it was the east corridor. Carefully, the group continues pressing forward. The next room is as empty as this one, with some shattered bones and other human remains, that apparently are not suitable to house a negative plane spirit. Something, like a huge explosion or a big fire seems to have blasted this room. Again, there is only one corridor at the end of the room, and the adventurers deduce that it would be the last room. The last. Where the pillars are of course... How would they approach it?

Encounter type Room to the south: 1. Empty room.
Encounter type Room to the east: 1. what do you know, another empty room.

jbear

First Post
"This is it" rumbles Boris. "This must be the way to the end." He pauses for a moment to pray to each of the three gods he serves, checks that the others are prepared and then leads the way down the final corridor blade in hand.

WEContact

First Post
Chambers follows closely behind Boris, dagger in one hand and javelin in the other. His nerves are taught and his eyes are peeled.

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse marches on with a look of determination. Despite the difficulties so far presented by the undead, she won't be swayed from completing her mission right at its end.

facusm

First Post
Axe on hand, Impo moves forward to the target room. Finally, after so many days in this damn dungeon, he will fulfill his quest or at least, be under it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Our brave heroes charge into the final room! As they reach the place, the stench of rotten flesh and decay hits your noistrils harder than ever before. Dominating the room are five massive pillars, evidently the target of your whole journey. Standing next to each, there is a blazing skeleton, guarding the pillar. But that's not the source of the stench, it is a mass of convulsing bones and flesh, a hideous mass of necrotic tissue that pulses and contorts unnaturally. As you enter the room, the thing convulses violently, spitting out from the mass of its body, five decrepit skeletons! This is where all the enchanted miners wanted to go so desperately, right into this ball of bones.

Bone-golem_final.jpg

[sblock=The Final battle against the Undead Underneath]
Ok, no post from Bed llama in a week... Moving on.
Players act first. You can make a knowledge check to get more info on this monster.

Remember to update your character's HP and surges.

I'm glad you are adding damage correctly, my thanks to you!

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.
What do I mean with that? Let Phoenix8008 explain it to you:
[sblock=Explanation]
Phoenix8008 said:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".
[/sblock]

MAP and COMBAT FINAL BATTLE!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

The skeleton summoning was fluff, forther summoning will occur according to the descriptions in the spreadsheet.

On this link: http://rolz.org/group you type your character name, and in group you type "Underneath the Undeath" so that you join the group. If you click on Room's log, you should be able to see the rolls I made.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] [MENTION=6708548]facusm[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads