Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Outnumbered, the remaining skeletons attempt to take one of the adventurers with them. The skeleton rock thrower tries to attack Boris, but it is too clumsy an attack to hit the nimble warrior. He easily dodges.
The blazing skeleton is more lucky, catching Impo flat footed, and producing a stream of flames that envelope the minotaur. Impo still stands defiant, but his fur starts to catch fire! The tides of battle swings to the brave warrior's favour.

[sblock=Mining problems]
Remember to update your character's HP and surges.

I'm glad you are adding damage correctly, my thanks to you!

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.
What do I mean with that? Let Phoenix8008 explain it to you:
Phoenix8008 said:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

Rock thrower 2 shifts away and attacks Boris, missing

Blazing skeleton 1 hit Impo for 10 dmg and 5 ongoing damage.

On this link: http://rolz.org/group you type your character name, and in group you type "Underneath the Undeath" so that you join the group. If you click on Room's log, you should be able to see the rolls I made.

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] [MENTION=6708548]facusm[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Voda Vosa I knocked BS1 prone and dazed him. Attacking while prone incurs a -2 penalty to hit, which means BS1's attack last turn hit AC 15, falling short of Impo's 17 AC

jbear

First Post
Ignoring the threat that is Boris and his Divine Power has a severe sanction for the blazing undead. As it dares to send a gout of flame towards the minotaur, a column of radiant flames descends upon the skeleton on kind, causing it to screech in pain and terror.

The mindless skeleton facing next to Boris also fails to register the threat of the blade wielding warlock knight, as it struggles to back away, a feat which is impossible as it is held firmly in place under Boris' fey might. As it tries to fire a rock at Boris, he is able to strike at it with deadly force first. But instead he chooses to lazily swat the stone from the creatures hand and admonish it with a raised finger and a severe 'tut tut'.

[sblock=OAtks and Immediate Reactions]
Blazing Skeleton is marked by Boris, making its roll at -4. Still hits Impo's Reflex of 12, but triggers Boris' Divine Sanction!
7 radiant dmg +5 Vulnerability to Radiant = 12 Auto dmg! In the words of the great poet ... "Boom". (2 HPs left)

Skeleton Rock Thrower is immobilised TENT so he can't shift. So he provokes an OAtk when he attacks Boris with a ranged attack.
MBA with Eldritch Strike: 13 vs AC=Miss [/sblock]

The next strike Boris unleashes on the creature is blindingly quick and accurate, crunching through ribs and sternum. Eldritch energy sears through the necrotic energy holding it together.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Eldritch Strike vs SR2 28 vs AC=Hit for 13 dmg
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on SR2
Move: Shift to AJ7
[/sblock]

Alek sends another feeble ray of arcane energy down the hallway which causes little more than ice to form on the walls. He mumbles weakly "Go away fiend! out of my head I say, OUT!"

6 vs Ref with Dragonbolt

Kurnos sends a shuriken down the hall, embedding it deep within the skeleton rock thrower's thick skull. The creature totters, set to fall.

Shuriken vs SR2 Crits for MAX 8 dmg: 3 hps left

OOC: [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] A Magic Missile to finish the Blazing Skeleton (now on 2 HPs) would be awesome!

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The rock thrower collapses in a heap of ore and bone. Only the burning skeleton stands, if barely.

OOC: Ilse or Impo, there's one enemy left with 3 hp.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse, a little too eager to finish the battle, swings wide as she strikes at the last skeleton.

OOC: Ilse's allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 power bonus to damage rolls while they are adjacent to her.

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: Shift to AH7.

Standard: Energizing Strike vs SR2 misses AC 12.

Minor: Sustain Battleborn Acuity.

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:11+2, Will:16+2, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:20/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 0/2, Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
Battleborn Acuity

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: The spreadsheet shoes SR2 at -4 hp. Isn't he already down?

Chambers misses his shot as well, mostly out of exhaustion. He's on his last legs.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->AG6
Standard: Clever Shot MISSES SR2 AC 13[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: 24, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 16/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 0/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Last edited:

facusm

First Post
Impo charges the last stand skeleton but the fire around him makes his vision fails and his powerful strike goes some inches from his target

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Holy Missed attacks Batman! For the sake of continuity, we'll say that... hm, Logan's dagger hit it.

The last skeleton falls to the combiend might of the adventurers. The eerie silence settles once more in the mines, as the surge of battle dies out, and the warriors feel the burnt of it. Most of them are not in very good shape, exhausted and wounded.

OOC: Battle is over. What do you do now?

Remove ads