• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: if some one can can promise to be in between squishy little Alek and those rock throwers i can go in and try to take some down with a cone

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: if some one can can promise to be in between squishy little Alek and those rock throwers i can go in and try to take some down with a cone

OOC: I was just about to have Kurnos move in there and try a big attack. So he would be able to move between Alek and the bad guys as needed. Hopefully there is something left in range to hit after your cone. :uhoh:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I was in the middle of going yesterday when I saw Grimjow ask about somebody being between him and the monsters. I'm waiting for him to go so Kurnos isnt in the way of his cone. Then Kurnos will step in and mop up what he can of what's left.

BedLlama

First Post
OOC: Rats, I was hoping to be able to finally be able to drop my encounter power this turn. I think they'll be thinned out enough next turn to go all explodey, though. :D

Move: I10 to F10, behind cover
Standard: Magic Missile to N7 skeletal minion, minion is dead
Free: Dropping prone

Zaroch hastily clambers on top of a pile of rubble, and blasts another skeleton to dust with a bolt of arcane force.

"Too much running!" He manages to gasp out between laboured breaths as he slumps down behind the peak of the rock pile to regain his stamina.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry to be part of the delay. If [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] hasn't posted by tomorrow to do his cone attack, then I'll go ahead and do Kurnos' turn.

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: sorry for the delay as a total game and to Kruor's turn :/ here it comes now though

Alek sprints back around the corner and into the skeletons. His mouth and eyes go wide open but no scream comes from his mouth, instead a red liquid come out of it. Not having enough time to prepare though it does little good against the skeleton,s as it just lands on the floor in front of him.

[sblock=actions]move from K10 to N5
standard burning spray fail not getting above 10.....
R.I.P. Alek[/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: im pretty sure that i went in deeper then you were planning for me to phoenix....its chill if you dont come all the way in for me

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos sees Alek run out into the hall to attack, then stay rooted there afterword. With the undead about to surge forward, he couldn't leave the man out there alone. Drawing on the most advanced teachings he had been able to learn from his master, the minotaur sprang forward with uncanny speed. Planting himself by the wall, he spun around in a blur attacking all 5 of the creatures he could reach. He missed one, but two of the weaker skeletons fell to dust under his mighty blows.

*I forgot to add the -1 penalty for bad dreams into the hit rolls and damage roll. It didn't change any of the hits to misses though, and I updated the damage so that it was 12, not 13. Didn't hit them as hard as I'd hoped...*
[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]
Start=
Move= Open the Gate of Battle: Move 8 squares from J3 to Q5, avoiding AoO from first creature (SM3) but drawing one from decrepit skeleton at Q6: +6 vs Kurnos AC18= 1d20+6=23 Hit for 4 damage.
Standard= Masterful Spiral - Close Burst 2 targeting S1, SM3, S2, SM1, and SR3. +4 vs Reflex for 3d8+4 force damage: S1 1d20+4=21 Hit, SM3 1d20+4=17 Hit, S2 1d20+4=18 Hit, SM1 1d20+4=5 Miss, SR3 1d20+4=18 Hit. 3d8+4=13 damage to all but SM1. Destroys the two decrepit skeletons, but just damages the others.
Free= Assume the Masterful Spiral Stance
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 16/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 4/9, Temp HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1/2, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack)
Open the Gate of Battle (Move) - USED

Masterful Spiral - USED

Current Effects:
Bad Dreams (-1 on all checks involving undead)
Masterful Spiral Stance (+1 reach with melee touch attacks till stance ends)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The skeletons having new and near targets focus their attacks on Kurnos and Alex.
On of the rock throwers tries to get away from the minotaur, dodging a far reaching blow from him. The other two open covering fire, Kurnos deflecting one rock, but being hit by another. Once in position, the third skeleton throws a rock at the monk, but he again deflects it with a backhand move, looking totally awesome as he does so.
The skeleton miners also thirst for blood. One ducks below a kick from Kurnos and hacks into Alex with its mining tool.
The other two focus on the dancing minotaur, delivering two solid blows, and finally bringing him down to his knees, as the world around him slowly turns grey and colourless, and the sound start to get deafened.
The sorceror just manages to evade a fire bolt from the blazing skeleton.

[sblock=Mining problems]

Boy, what a round!

Heroes are up

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

All skeletons attack Kurnos and alex:
The monk gets an AoO due to his reach: miss
SR 1-3: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3933104/ one hits kurnos for 8
Kurnos gets an AoO vs Sm3, but also misses.
Sm3: attacks alex and hits for 10, Alex is marked by him
Sm 1 and 2 attakc Kurnos, both hit for 5 and 6 respectively, leaving Kurnos at -3 and dying. He needs to make his save.
Blazing skeleton attacks alex and misses

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Remove ads