• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Underwater interest (Closed)

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, so here are my thoughts.

I want to make this a short adventure. Like, really short. Like, maybe 1 or 2 encounters, some exploration with a goal, maybe a boss encounter of sorts. I just want to test the waters (see what I did there?).

Here is the RG: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?641685-Underwater-Adventer-RG&p=7428017#post7428017

Go ahead and post your characters. I'm thinking...well, I'm thinking I need to know who your characters are before I really move forward with where to start you or the details of the adventure. I have a basic idea of what I want to happen, but if you all life on land most of your life and happen to be able to breath underwater, then that would be different if you all decided you originally came from the deep seas and only one or two are landlubbers. So post your characters, tell me who you are, and how you plan on surviving the depths. Because much of the adventure, if not all of it, will be underwater.

The setting, currently, is Uber Generic D&D World. I feel that FR has too much baggage, but it'll have the same feel, so if you wanna borrow from there, like if you want one of the same gods or want to mention a city, go ahead. So feel free to add whatever you want to your backstory regarding nations and politics and religions and whatnot. Or not. No biggie.

If this winds up being great and everyone wants to continue, then we can look into widening the circle a bit. For now, just know that there is a city that sank into the sea, kind of like Atlantis, and has just been found. The group will wind up in the first expedition to explore it.

Uploaded my Warlock. Need to finish equipment. You stated we would get one uncommon and 2 common magic items, but did not mention any additional starting gold to by mundane equipment. Do we start with more gold? How should we work on equipment.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
My monk has also been added. I took the elemental gem (uncommon), the candle of the deep (common) and the mystery key (common) as my magic items.

It was nice to discover that the Unarmored Movement extra speed feature does not specify walking speed, so Perilor is a pretty fast swimmer!

By the way, there are quite a number of uncommon magic items that give a swim speed, the ability to breathe underwater, or both. In case someone is still looking for ways to their character to function underwater properly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads