Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Babette looks around for ships at the docks, but she quickly finds that the people who are actually on the docks are usually there for a specific purpose, often unloading cargo. The docks at Medibaria are not large--it is built on a river to allow for trade, but it doesn't open out onto the ocean. By checking the pubs and taverns near the docks, she is able to find passage on a ship sailing along the river leading out towards a port town on the ocean. There, they can switch to an oceanfaring boat that might be heading to the temple.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alicia returns with sundry supplies and checks on the ship booking.*

"Nice work, Babette. If everyone is ready, let us begin our journey," Alicia suggests, "May the gods watch over us on our journey. Let Grendath smile upon so that we may all return to our loved ones whole and successful."

*The group embarks on the boat, which leads after a short journey to a port city in the Vastermarch.*

(OOC: The ship moves 192 miles per day on the river, but the price in the SRD for a ship's fare is ridiculous, so I'm lowering it. I don't have an accurate map of this area, but it doesn't possibly take more than a week or so to get to the port on the ocean from here)

*Alicia puts her hand on her head slightly as she steps off the boat, then stretches her arms.*

"Whew, it's good to be off that boat for a little while. I think I'm still a bit woozy from adjusting to the movement of the deck beneath me. I guess we have the day off except for whoever wants to help me find a ship to the temple, since the ships that docked here likely won't set sail until tomorrow morning."

Amaury

First Post
"I'll come with you Babette.. let's find a solid ship with an experienced crew! We meet you back here when we're finished." Jallembo suggests to the rest of the group.

After asking for directions he starts walking towards a building that hosts the Harbour Master and enquires about possible ships sailing to their destination.

Dargon

First Post
"I will try to find a decent place to stay" Nura says. She ask around for places to stay and takes a look at the rooms to make sure that they are clean and secure

Ooc: due to my new work I will be very busy the next month or so. Do not wait for my responds during February.

covaithe

Explorer
Corvinus will follow Babette and Jallembo to the harbor, keeping an eye out for the kind of trouble that seems to be common to all docks areas.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix enjoys the passage on the river, he spends as much time as possible discussing, arguing, investigating and just marvelling at the subject that is Magic. Any who wish to join he and Nura in this topic are warmly welcomed by the Elf, no matter their level of understanding or input, unless they are deliberately rude or dismissive.

Once the port is reached Ximix will help look for a room, though he is easily distracted by the many shops and hopes by poking around he might find an arcane treasure for sale...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The elves head off to find an inn while Krindorf finds a tavern to buy some drinks. Meanwhile, everyone else heads over to the harbour and looks for some possibilities. Since most of the people actually on the docks were just dockworkers, they decide to spread out to the nearby taverns and such to find off-duty captains and sailors.*

*Between the four people searching, they discover the following prospects:

The Winddrake under Captain Telbran is hitting several items on a trade route. It passes the Grand Temple eventually, but the meandering journey will add many weeks to the journey, but they'll only charge for the actual distance to the temple. The captain seems a shrewd merchant sort.

The Blue Quarrel under Captain Alchen is going somewhere else instead even farther past the Grand Temple, but if the group signs on for that leg and works as crew, they might be able to give a discount on chartering the boat for the Grand Temple. The captain never smiles, and has a determined look.

The Serpent's Eye under Captain Trechyr is currently in between jobs and would be willing to take a commission to sail to the Grand Temple, though it might be pricey. The captain is oily-looking and laughs easily, often watching the group closely.

The Sea Dog's Last Laugh under Captain Blackbrow is also willing to take a commission and might be less expensive. The captain looks like a stereotypical sea dog, with missing teeth and an eyepatch.

The Dream Deferred under Captain Rosewater is headed to somewhere farther past the Temple. They're willing to divert their path a little to drop the group off at the temple for no added charge. The Captain is a friendly-looking guy who wears a holy symbol with smiling lips.

The Sun's Rake under Captain Malgorn isn't in port right now, but a sailor planning on going on its next voyage says that if they wait for it, the Rake might be headed roughly the same direction.

The Harbourmaster says that if they wait, ships come in and out all the time, so they might be able to find something else later too.*

Remove ads