Undine the Sea

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Fare thee well, and may your mission be safe and successful," Rayne bids them adieu as they head off for the harbour.

"Right then. Does anyone here know much about ships or the ocean?" Alicia wonders, "I'm getting the feeling that no one here is particularly excited to be going under the sea."
"Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm excited," Babette pipes up, "but it's tempered by feeling of ill-preparedness and being out of my element. I'm sure I'll be properly awed when we get to the merfolk city.

By the way, do we need rations, or other supplies? I've got enough for almost a week."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heckler said:
"Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm excited," Babette pipes up, "but it's tempered by feeling of ill-preparedness and being out of my element. I'm sure I'll be properly awed when we get to the merfolk city.

By the way, do we need rations, or other supplies? I've got enough for almost a week."
"Yes, we should probably stock up on more. The good news is that since we'll have room to store things on the ship, we won't have to worry about overencumbering ourselves for the first leg of the journey. Of course, as far as swimming, we do need to make sure to keep ourselves to only light gear, but my Handy Haversack may be able to help with that."

"Tell you what Babette--I'll go buy food and supplies while you find us a ship. That way we'll save time. Sound good?"

Dargon

First Post
"Yes I am ready to leave, and as Babette I am exited but I am also a bit nervous about working my trade under water." Nura fiddle with her spellbook before putting it away. "supplies yes we will need supplies. I don’t have anything worth mention. "

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Tell you what Babette--I'll go buy food and supplies while you find us a ship. That way we'll save time. Sound good?"
"Passage for seven to the Grand Temple of Galatea? I'm on it!"

Babette (and whoever else wants to come along) will draw upon her vast kowledge of all things nautical and deduce that boats will be in the water, so she will head for the harbor. Once there, she'll start looking for a "nice, clean boat" that will carry them. She'll start by talking to seamen that look more "sailor-y" than "pirate-y."

No social skills, but CHA mod +3.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo nods to Alicia's proposal and starts heading to the harbour, a place he didn't like to venture to too much because of old rivalries with the 'locals'. "Let's do that, to the harbour!"

covaithe

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Of course, as far as swimming, we do need to make sure to keep ourselves to only light gear, but my Handy Haversack may be able to help with that."

"That may be a bit of a problem," Corvinus says with a frown. "I do not currently own any light armor. I could perhaps acquire some, but armor that is lighter also affords less protection. If we get into a scrap... Well. I have never fought in the water before; I cannot evaluate if the added mobility is worth the loss of protection. I think perhaps some of you have more experience at the uncertainties of the adventuring life than I do; do you have any advice?"

Ximix

First Post
Ximix listens attentively for awhile though he seems to focus on something in the distance after a bit and stands staring off while the discussion finishes. When the decision is made to purchase supplies, the Elf goes along to help with payment, though his slim frame doesn't appear much good for packing the goods back..

Amaury

First Post
covaithe said:
"That may be a bit of a problem," Corvinus says with a frown. "I do not currently own any light armor. I could perhaps acquire some, but armor that is lighter also affords less protection. If we get into a scrap... Well. I have never fought in the water before; I cannot evaluate if the added mobility is worth the loss of protection. I think perhaps some of you have more experience at the uncertainties of the adventuring life than I do; do you have any advice?"

"The best advice I can give you: don't wear any armour whilst on the sea! But that doesn't stop you from taking your armour with you...Or, you can give it to me, he he..."

Heckler

First Post
covaithe said:
"Well, I do know a spell that I could cast that would offer you some protection. I can't afford to cast it on the entire party, and its only good for a few hours, but I could cast it on a few people if we're expecting trouble," Babette offers.

ooc: Mage Armor, 3 hour duration, I can currently cast it up to six times/day, but I'd rather not spend all my slots on it. :)

Remove ads