Undine the Sea

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
The Dream Deferred under Captain Rosewater is headed to somewhere farther past the Temple. They're willing to divert their path a little to drop the group off at the temple for no added charge. The Captain is a friendly-looking guy who wears a holy symbol with smiling lips.
"I kind of like Captain Rosewater. He seems friendly enough, and there's no charge," Babette suggests.

ooc: Untrained Kn(Rel) check on the Holy symbol. 1d20+2=9

covaithe

Explorer
Corvinus' tanned face flushes slightly as he says, "I must confess I do not have a great deal of ready coin to my name. But, that should not be a reason to endanger our mission; if you feel that costlier transportation would improve our chances, I will find the money somewhere."

Amaury

First Post
In reply to Babette, Jallembo frowns and replies: "Hum, possibily, he seemed a bit idealistic... would prefer a captain with some sound sea experience not relying too much on The Above to decide the fate of his ship.. so, we need to check: let's talk to a few guys.."

Jallembo then proposes to meet the others in the inn and to enquire about the various captains they have met. He will do so himself, talking to sailors, fishermen and innkeepers.

OOC
Gather Information (1d20+5=19)
looking for the reliable AND honest type... :)

Amaury

First Post
In reply to Babette, Jallembo frowns and replies: "Hum, possibily, he seemed a bit idealistic... would prefer a captain with some sound sea experience not relying too much on The Above to decide the fate of his ship.. so, we need to check: let's talk to a few guys.."

Jallembo then proposes to meet the others in the inn and to enquire about the various captains they have met. He will do so himself, talking to sailors, fishermen and innkeepers.

OOC
Gather Information (1d20+5=19)
looking for the reliable AND honest type... :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: @Jallembo--I rolled 5 hours for you on the 1d4+1 hours (required for Gather Info checks) for your new Gather Info check. It's already late evening by the time you guys finish hitting the taverns to find ships (I had that act as Gather Info as well and rolled accordingly), so the issue here is that the check would take until 3 AM to finish, and during most of that time, all the sailors who are setting sail tomorrow will be asleep (probably a circumstance penalty), and it will be too late to accept many of those offers when the captains or officers turn in. Because of that, I will certainly let you not do the Gather Info check if you like.

@Ximix--Ximix isn't there right now, but if they go ask him, he knows [SBLOCK]This sounds like the holy symbol of Amphousa.

Amphousa is a beautiful goddess who offers mortals their deepest desires.

Amphousa is a temptress, the goddess of lust, who fosters dreams within mortals and encourages them to take great lengths to achieve the object of their dreams. Her holy symbol is a pair of lips.

Amphousa prefers red-haired followers over others, and her agents are often redheaded outsiders, such as succubi. Amphousa's succubi are known to refrain from killing their paramours, however, and to be rather kind and genial to all except those who attack them on sight; encounters with them have been known to help inspire someone who has been lost in indolence or despair to get their act together and recover their drive in life.

Anyway, Amphousa has a sister named Disnomia, and in iconography, Amphousa appears as a voluptuous, scantily-clad or nude woman of unparalleled beauty, often with red hair.[/SBLOCK]

Amaury

First Post
OOC: not sure I understand. you mean that all these captains depart first thing tomorrow morning? if not, can't Jallembo then check in the morning?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Amaury said:
OOC: not sure I understand. you mean that all these captains depart first thing tomorrow morning? if not, can't Jallembo then check in the morning?
(OOC: Most of them do--those who are staying in port for a long time in general would have been a bad choice due to the wait time involved. The Sun's Rake, as mentioned, isn't there yet and so can wait. The Sea Dog's Last Laugh and The Serpent's Eye are in between jobs and will still be there too. The others will have departed.

Otherwise, you more-or-less seem to have gotten a good sense, the only other important thing is the circumstance penalty for gathering information while most people are asleep)

Amaury

First Post
ooc: ok, sooo no gather info then?

Jallembo seems to prefer the Blue Quarrel or the Sea Lion Last Laugh. He walks to the quays to check the quality of the vessel and the overall look of the crew.

If what he sees looks ok, he will ask both captains for the cost.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sure, he can check out the ships. And if other people want to check some of the others, they can too. The crews wouldn't be there yet, but the ships are certainly there, and they would be easy to find)

Remove ads