Undine the Sea

Ximix

First Post
Ximix idly fingers a bauble he picked up at market, "It disturbs me that so much of our journey relies on uninformed opinion... I, for instance, have no knowledge of sea-craft whatsoever, and it appears my expertise is matched by all! If we have to guess, let us lean towards a vessel that at least appears to be in good repair... but that is just an opinion."

Heckler

First Post
Babette human sorcerer

Dargon said:
"Anyway are the fares the same?"
"They're both reduced rates, but we'd have to work as crew to get the low rate on the Quarrel. That wouldn't bother me, I'd rather work than sit around doing nothing the whole time."

Amaury

First Post
"Ok, let's make a deal with the captain then..." Jallembo says.

He goes to the captain and negotiates their fare and their participation to the journey. He enquires about their destination, the duration of travel, the possible risks and the means of transport for the return journey.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The Grand Temple would take the Blue Quarrel about two weeks to reach. But their actual destination is an island chain about another two weeks past that, which means a total journey of six weeks at best. The captain of the Sea Dog's Last Laugh claimed that his ship could make it to the Grand Temple in 10 days for the right price. For that matter, the Dream Deferred and the Serpsent's Eye will probably take about the same time as the Last Laugh, though neither quotes a time as short as 10 days as possible.*

Heckler

First Post
ooc: I vote for the Sea Dog, then. I think its safe to say we're all ready to get past the "hiring a boat" phase and onto the "getting attacked by sea monsters" phase. :)

Heckler

First Post
ooc: We had it narrowed down to the Quarrel and the Sea Dog. Sea Dog is faster. Even if its not as fast as the captain claims, I'm betting it can beat six weeks. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, I see. I can see the Serpent's Eye for price, but I wonder what eliminated the Sun's Rake and the Dream Deferred. In any case, when we have a consensus, it's time to set sail!)

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Well, I'm trying to get through this quickly and get to the good stuff, especially since we sent half of the party off and they're not really able to participate. I originally suggested the Dream Deferred , but somebody didn't like it so I axed it. I don't like theSerpent's Eye unctous captain. Sun's Rake may not even be going our way. It came down to the Quarrel and the Dog, and the doggie is faster. Didn't consider price that much as we're not the ones paying

Remove ads