• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Unpaid] Open call for proofers for Dog Soul Publishing

Balok the Strange

First Post
Hello, all,

We here at Dog Soul have several books in the works, and have just released (well, okay it was a couple weeks ago) our first book under our own label. The first in our Folkloric line is a rendition of Baba Yaga and her famous chicken-legged hut. What we have discovered is that even after going through multiple edits, as well as several read throughs by us here at the office during and after lay-out, there were still several errors that crept in, and we only found out about them after it went live on RPGNow.

We need proofers.

Since the budget will not allow for any outgoing monies, the only remuneration we can offer is a credit on the title page and a free copy of the finished product.

We have a fairly full schedule for the rest of the year (dependant only on our writers turning things in on time), and into next year as well. We can use three or four other sets of eyes. If you are interested email me at milkbone AT dogsoul DOT net. I will send all applicants a single page of text as a test document. Those who do the best will get the job.

Thanks,

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
Proofing

Hi,

My name is Nathan Collins and I would like to do some copywriting and proofreading for you guys. I have nine years of writing experience in newspapers and public relations and a Journalism Degree from Wayne State University.

If you are still looking for proofers, please email me at dm @detroitwriter.com.

Thank you,

Nathan Collins

Cathix

First Post
I just want to clarify something for everyone interested.

We had a few folks respond to this open call, and we sent them a 3 page proofing test. It was stated in the email accompanying the test that we need people to proof LAYOUT.
As you all surely know, layout can include spelling, formatting, color, pagination, and spacial issues.

What we got back for the most part was edited text. That was not what we asked for. (and this made the Empress of the Western Empire mightily irked. :] )

We already have editors. True, we could always use more - and if anyone's interested in editing for us they can send us an email to get an editing test. (Your grasp of d20 mechanics have to be excellent for this).

What we are in dire need of now, however, are people to proof pdf's before they're released. If you've got a good eye, and can restrain yourself from editing the text... :p drop us a line.

Remove ads