• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It wasnt somehow, it was a targeted attack. Thats all I'll say.
Just realized, I may have misunderstood your comment.

I was saying that the transmogrification of gluten into a dietary villain was due to profound confusion about why some people have issues with gluten. And that MSG!s situation was similar.

Like gluten, MSG is generally safe for most people to consume. But there’s a few people for whom it causes relatively minor health issues. In most cases, the afflictions are temporary.

Were you implying that MSG’s scapegoating was deliberate?

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
What does resting the shells mean?
Roll the dough. Put it in a pan, let it sit (rest) > 1 hour. Pull out, dress and bake.
It gives whatever besides ethanol the yeast is expelling time to evaporate. Something in that digestive byproduct is what triggers the migraine.

Except at Moose's Tooth - they put sun-dried tomato in, and sun-dried doesn't eliminate whatever is in the skins and meat of fresh tomatoes that triggers my migraines... but pickling does destroy it. (Yay? I can has catsup? Meh. But BBQ sauce? I can has BBQ sause!) Or at least, they used to.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just realized, I may have misunderstood your comment.

I was saying that the transmogrification of gluten into a dietary villain was due to profound confusion about why some people have issues with gluten. And that MSG!s situation was similar.

Like gluten, MSG is generally safe for most people to consume. But there’s a few people for whom it causes relatively minor health issues. In most cases, the afflictions are temporary.

Were you implying that MSG’s scapegoating was deliberate?
Yes, the allergy effect is true, but it was made out to be a threat to the public at large to target Asian restaurants.

In America, the consumption of sushi is often looked down upon because we've been taught that "raw fish" is unhealthy and dangerous. The risks of eating sushi are greatly overstated because...well, let's just say that sushi has a lot of things in common with Monosodium Glutamate in our culture.
I mentioned once that threads like this tend to accumulate more popular opinions than unpopular and considered the point stated. However, I just want to touch on this one. Consuming sushi was exotic in the 80s and lots of people were squeamish about it in the 90s and into the oughts. But now, in America, you can get sushi in rural gas stations in outstate Wyoming*. It's mainstream. *or pick your own 'far from LA/NY and the coasts' example.

None of this says anything regarding our(US) aversion to raw animal products*, and boy-howdy there's a lot to say about America's ability to 1) jump on questionable dietary trends and 2) jump on scapegoating of other cultures.
*although I think 'that guy' in everyone's friend group that keeps brining it up often glosses over a bunch of the nuance.

MGibster

Legend
Roll the dough. Put it in a pan, let it sit (rest) > 1 hour. Pull out, dress and bake.
It gives whatever besides ethanol the yeast is expelling time to evaporate. Something in that digestive byproduct is what triggers the migraine.
Okay. I've never heard anyone refer to a pizza crust as a shell before. That was the source of my confusion.

clearstream

(He, Him)
View attachment 290416

I expect to be banned for this one, but I stand by it.
Conflict is not inevitable between narrative, simulation, and game. In fact, most functional play involves all three of story, exploration, and mastery; with players leaning into those more as audience and more as author at different moments during each session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads