• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The last zombie is beginning to fall apart. It raises its fists to crush Zhen beneath them, but the monk is able to twist away from most of the blow.

[sblock=Statuses]Skill Challenge:
Successes: 8/8

Passed! Now you just need to clean out these zombies...

Combat:
Empathy (24/24)
Lily (28/36)
Raijin (11/22, bloodied)
Zhen (10/24, bloodied)
Risen 77 (-40, bloodied, granting CA to Zhen)

Risen 77 attacks Zhen, hitting AC 23 for 5 damage.

The zombie's defenses are AC 14, Fort 14, Reflex 10, Will 11, and it has 8 hp left.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Chapel_p1_r9.jpg
    Chapel_p1_r9.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 81

evilbob

Explorer
With naught but a thought, Empathy explodes the last zombie into a fine red powder.

She then moves to a window to see how the rest of the horde is advancing.

[sblock=ooc]standard: mind thrust on zombie: 22 vs will (FINALLY YAY!) for 9 damage

move to window & look; mini-stats same as before[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin puts away his dagger and leans on the nearby wall to catch his breath, losing some of his everpresent composure.

[sblock=OOC] Knowing TwoHeadsBarking I doubt it but Short Rest? [/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The mass of zombies have surrounded the temple, but for now they remain a few yards away from the walls. You can't see the loping undead you noticed before.

ooc: You can, in fact, take a short rest if you'd like.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]So the only entrances/exits have been blocked up, including the places they broke through, correct? Otherwise the only exit is to downstairs.

Anything else helpful we could do? Empathy doesn't need to rest; she can move some benches and other debris in front of any openings that need shoring up while others take a break.

Also, just to help me remember, we decided that we just need to last until dawn, correct? And then the spell from the orb will phase out?

And finally, I guess if we take another short rest, this would be a milestone, correct? So we gain 1 AP?[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin moves slowly over towards Lily. Your spirits may be foreign to me, but they are natural. They give a great deal of strength.

[sblock=OOC] Lith gives the bonus to another person when healing? However it works, Raijin needs to spend a surge
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Status:
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 16
AC 14, Fort 15, Reflex 10, Will 16
HP: 11/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 4/6
Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So the only entrances/exits have been blocked up, including the places they broke through, correct? Otherwise the only exit is to downstairs.

Anything else helpful we could do? Empathy doesn't need to rest; she can move some benches and other debris in front of any openings that need shoring up while others take a break.

Also, just to help me remember, we decided that we just need to last until dawn, correct? And then the spell from the orb will phase out?

And finally, I guess if we take another short rest, this would be a milestone, correct? So we gain 1 AP?

Yes, all the doors are considered to be blocked and warded now. However, if you're feeling paranoid, go ahead and barricade them further.

You do only need to last until dawn.

And yes, you will get an AP when you rest.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
With the last zombies that had gotten in down Lily and her umbral friend set about the business of patching up the injured. Using magic she plucked a few wispy spirits from the air along with a few shadowy tatters from Lith, at her bidding they merged with their intended hosts, re-energizing them.

[sblock=ooc]

Sorry to be slow, I was busy yesterday.

Here's what I'll do, before the rest I'll use Healing Spirit on Zhen twice, that's a surge+1 for each. The extra healing will go to Raijin, he heals for (2d6+2=11). Lucky :)

Lily will also spend a surge, putting her back at full.

I think we have to be really careful about the number of surges we have, Raijin especially doesn't have a lot to spare.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 3
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Twin Panthers
Sly Fox Spirit
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Hungry Spirits Totem

Conditions:

[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=surges]Empathy is happy to donate surges if that's possible somehow. Does anyone have an ability to do that? She hasn't used any and they are fairly worthless anyway since they only heal 6 for her.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm pretty sure nobody has Comrade's Succor, and I know nobody's an artificer. Those are the main two ways I know of to redistribute surges.

Anyway, real update coming later today. Sorry about the wait; I was a complete idiot and left my notes somewhere I won't have access to for a week, so I need to reconstruct the next bits from memory.[/sblock]

Remove ads