Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Cutscene-mode, activate!

The dragon falls to the ground, now truly nothing more than broken bones and putrid flesh. Your relief turns to revulsion when something begins to claw its way out of the creature's stomach. Three zombies, too badly corroded to distinguish anything about them besides that there are humanoid, rise from the ruined entrails and begin stumbling towards you. Worse yet, while you were fighting for your life against the dragon, the legion of undead were making their way towards the main doors. And now they've arrived, spilling into the once-sacred building in droves. You could easily deal with four, five, maybe even ten times your number of zombies, even in your current condition. But there aren't dozens of them. There are hundreds. There is nowhere to run to, no where to hide. The best you can hope for is to take as many down with you as possible.

And then you realize that you will not need to fight them at all. For at long last, the sun is beginning to rise over the horizon. As dawn's pale light reaches your foes they begin to collapse, one by one. Even those not directly touched by the light fall when those around them do. Soon you are completely surrounded by inanimate corpses. An unpleasant situation, to be certain, but better than the one you were just in.

Dawn is here, and so are you.

[sblock=You win!]Status:
Lily (24/36)

Zhen (7/24, bloodied)
Raijin (16/22)
Empathy (24/24) (Did I ever manage to hurt you?)

PS: Now that you have some time, I recommend checking out what the bandits had stashed away.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Empathy has escaped unscathed. Which is hilarious to me, what with her 14 AC and all. Ultimately a good thing, as with 24 HP she'd have hit the ground fast![/sblock]
Having geared up for what looked to be her final fight, Empathy's shade returns from near red to a light pink as the zombies fall to floor. Once the party takes a moment to rest, she begins to casually examine the bodies all around.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The bandits seemed to have collected a decent amount before they all killed each other. Most of it is gold, or in the form of objects whose only value to you is to sell for gold, but some of it can be put to use: leather armor dyed in a pattern reminiscent of dark waves, an iron plate covered in curious runes, and a dull black crystal orb. And when you inspect the bookshelves, you can't help but notice a tome describing methods to protect an area from the undead.

[sblock=Rewards]XP:
(775/6 + (375 + 640)/4 + 625/4 + 750/4)x2 = 1447 xp

Empathy, Raijin, and Zhen each gain 83x3 = 249 time xp, for a total xp reward of 1696.

Lily gains 125x3 = 375 time xp, for a total xp reward of 1822.

Material Goods:

A +1 Orb of Life Transference, +1 Mighty Striking Ki Focus, and +1 Veteran's Leather armor.

A book of the Undead Ward ritual.

Gold, gems, and other sundries worth a total of 700 gp.

In addition to the above, there's also time gold. Empathy, Raijin, and Zhen each get 63x3 = 189 gp, and Lily gains 127x3 = 381 gp.

DM Credits:

I get 6 for providing three full months of zombie-based adventure.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin walks around gingerly, avoiding the undead corpses. He takes a few moment to go into his pack and afterward looks as composed and pale as he did before the night began. He walks over to Empathy and looks at the items she has found. I would take a quarter share of what we have found in gems and gold. I will return to Daunton and seek a staff of the kind found in my kingdom, for these simple daggers hold no power unto themselves.

[sblock=OOC] Waiting for the judges approval of our XP/treasure and then heading back to town and Tavern for a level and shopping.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=If any of you dare to venture into the basement]The bodies are just as you left them, although there is no sign of the Gith siblings, or of the crystal Iaros possessed. There is a pungent scent of ozone... and cloves?

[sblock=If you are trained in Arcana]You recognize the odor as the residue of a portal, recently opened judging by the strength of the smell. You doubt you'd be able to determine where the other end of it was, or from which side it was opened.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the adventure. Much fewer (save ends) shenanigans than I usually pull, which is probably for the best. Oh, and defenders are clearly overrated :p.

I've sent ren a PM, so approval will probably come shortly.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The bandits seemed to have collected a decent amount before they all killed each other. Most of it is gold, or in the form of objects whose only value to you is to sell for gold, but some of it can be put to use: leather armor dyed in a pattern reminiscent of dark waves, an iron plate covered in curious runes, and a dull black crystal orb. And when you inspect the bookshelves, you can't help but notice a tome describing methods to protect an area from the undead.

[sblock=Rewards]XP:
(775/6 + (375 + 640)/4 + 625/4 + 750/4)x2 = 1447 xp

Empathy, Raijin, and Zhen each gain 83x3 = 249 time xp, for a total xp reward of 1696.

Lily gains 125x3 = 375 time xp, for a total xp reward of 1822.

Material Goods:

A +1 Orb of Life Transference, +1 Mighty Striking Ki Focus, and +1 Veteran's Leather armor.

A book of the Undead Ward ritual.

Gold, gems, and other sundries worth a total of 700 gp.

In addition to the above, there's also time gold. Empathy, Raijin, and Zhen each get 63x3 = 189 gp, and Lily gains 127x3 = 381 gp.

DM Credits:

I get 6 for providing three full months of zombie-based adventure.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
APPROVED! great job everyone, especially with the disappearance(s) [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
OOC: Empathy dares!

Empathy takes a quick peek into the basement to check on those who were left down there. She comes back up with a curious look to her. "Vanished."

OOC: Shall we do a wrap-up or are we all assumed to be headed back?

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin tilts his head curiously then nods at Empathy. He bows to Zhen Perhaps we will meet again before heading out of the door.

[sblock=OOC] Headed to the Tavern![/sblock]

Remove ads