• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upcoming Campaign Worlds?

Kirowan

First Post
Well, Eberron will be here before we know it. I haven't heard to much about other, new campaign settings being released this year. Then again, I haven't followed D20 stuff as much as usual lately. So, can you guys fill me in? Anything you are waiting on?

Nick

Crothian

First Post
Privateer Press has had people waiting on it for years. They released a primer last year but they really need something substantial.

jerichothebard

First Post
Crothian said:
Privateer Press has had people waiting on it for years. They released a primer last year but they really need something substantial.

Amen to that! I would likely have set my game in their world, or adapted a LOT of their stuff for mine, if it had come out by now. As it is, I'm left with little teaser bits and nothing to really sink my teeth into.

Disappointing, for a company that started off so strong right out the gate. I personally think the minis game is to blame and suspect that will be their undoing. For which i am very sorry.

jtb

Nareth

First Post
One of the oldest settings ever made is being updated for d20 and 3.5. The City State of the Invincible Overlord is due out this summer. The box will have 17 maps, and the books will detail EVERY SINGLE HEX on those maps. You'll know whether there's a town, city, temple, ruin or any other item of interest anywhere in the world. The player's guide is out now, and I'll be running a game on the world soon. It will include the Freeport setting, moved into the southern ocean on the map in the player's guide. We're really looking forward to this one :)

johnsemlak

First Post
I've asked in the d20 Publisher's forum what the latest is on d20 Blackmoor.

I'm definitely looking forward to CSotIO. I just got the Wilderland's Gazatteer and am loving it.

Interesting putting Freeport in the Wilderlands. I also think Bluffside would fit nicely.

Now that I think of it, there don't seem to be nearly as many new settings coming up as there were last year. Last year in a relatively short period were released Midnight, Diamond Throne/Arcana Unearthed, the Warcraft RPG, Scarred Lands: Termana, Dragonlance, and later on Dawnforge, Morningstar, and the Wilderlands. and several more I can't recall.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
jerichothebard said:
Disappointing, for a company that started off so strong right out the gate. I personally think the minis game is to blame and suspect that will be their undoing. For which i am very sorry.

Undoing? Don't tell that to the Warmachine fans over at the PP forums, it seems to sell fairly well. :\

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads