D&D 5E Upcoming Products, Interesting

pkt77242

Explorer
I wouldn't mind 1-2 splats per year, I'm just not sure it's a good idea for their financial picture.

My ideal release schedule from them in 2015 would look like this:
February: Large Adventure
March PHB2/UA
June: Large Adventure
August: FR Box Set
September: Large Adventure
October: FR Splatbook
November: Large Adventure

Keep releasing novels throughout the year.
Then in 2016 releasing 2 different campaign settings, and another 4 or so large adventures.

I am not sure how viable it is after 2015 as I don't know how many people would buy splatbooks specifically for DL, Eberron, Greyhawk, etc but 2015 should be profitable with the popularity of FR.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
They were bound to be disappointed. I think that there will be less splat than other editions but splat-free is quite wishful thinking on their part.

I think that we will see 1-2 splat books a year but that is ok with me.

Heartedly agree on both points.

If they can develop even *under 5* splats a year, I'd be happy (2-3 being optimal). The key is: what will the rest of the content be? Especially considering they are using their "story bible" approach to seemingly farm out the adventures to other writers/freelancers/companies.

Either they will have much less in-house product and a better strategy for all the out-of-house stuff, or...I don't know.

exile

First Post
I think it is a fine balance between releasing enough to remain viable; and releasing so much as to quickly grow the system out of control.

I guess I just don't have a lot of confidence in the 'grow the brand' plan.

Chad

variant

Adventurer
I would put money on the Adventurer's Handbook being for the Adventurer's League.

Just not sure what they would put in a $40 hardback Adventurer's League book. The Adventurer's League is supposed to be a good introduction to D&D for gamers. If they were going to have a book for it, you would think it would be the Basic Rules.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Maybe the Adventurer's Handbook is an in-world tome meant to instruct one how to deal with the limited omniscient being who controls you. Especially if you are stuck with a micro-managing, rules-lawyering, story-gamer who only talks out of character so you always use third person when you speak.

It's like a self-help book.

Thaumaturge.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The Adventurers League Players Guide has already been released on their website for download. All the information necessary to create and run characters and games for the Adventurers League.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I wouldn't be surprised if the Adventurer's Handbook is the 'overflow' from the PHB--races, backgrounds, subclasses, feats, etc. that they had to leave out of the book for space, complexity, or the need for further development.

Remove ads